“Great final getaway before the kid comes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandlake Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cloverdale
Sandlake Country Inn
You added Sandlake Country Inn to your Saves list
8505 Galloway Rd, Cloverdale, OR 97112   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Cloverdale B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Frisco, Texas
“Great final getaway before the kid comes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I flew up from Frisco, TX at the 7 month pregnant mark for one final getaway for a traveling couple. I love Oregon and she really wanted to get a place that we can enjoy sitting in the room, quiet and comfortable. Sandlake really was exactly what we wanted.

We went to the Portland food and wine festival, as well as a drive up to the Timberline Lodge in the morning which caused us to run a bit late getting in to the Inn. Diane was very gracious and met us at the door ready to help. Her friendliness and recommendations were right on the mark. Each morning we asked Diane for some suggestions based on what we wanted the day to be like and she was able to tell us where to go, where to eat, and how long everything might last.

If you've red any of the reviews, you know that Diane makes an amazing breakfast. At first I was wondering about the "picnic in your room" type of feel, but honestly, it was exactly what I think most couples want. A great meal, in the comfort of your room, so you can enjoy your meal the way you want on your own.

I do also want to mention the picnic lunch. As 2 teachers, with a kid on they way, I was worried about the cost a bit. I have to say the picnic lunch was more than worth the money and was honestly one of our best meals. It had everything from a blanket to drinks, hot soup, deli meats and cheese... we found a beach about an hour south on our drive and had a very filling meal. The only issue was the basket was so heavy with items!!! Can't reccomend the picnic enough

Lastly, we stayed in the Timbers Suite. We are tempurpedic people and are very picky about our mattresses (though we usually just deal with subpar sleep!) The mattress was incredibly comfortable. I wanted the suite because of hte fireplace, my wife because of the massive tub... neither disappointed.

We have travelled extensively, and I really only write reviews when some place is outstandingly good or outstandlingly terrible. The Sandlake Country Inn is a place my wife and I have put in our travel book as a place to go for a getaway.

Room Tip: The pictures don't do the rooms justice as far as size. They are very large
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

From the room to the food and the hospitality, this place was fantastic. Off the beaten path but close to everything. We stayed in the cottage which was charming and sat right on a creek. I wish the weather was a bit better so we could have enjoyed sitting on the deck, but instead we enjoyed sitting in front of the gas fireplace all snuggled up. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sandlake Country Inn this past weekend for our anniversary. From the moment we checked in I knew that we had chosen wisely when picking the Sandlake Country Inn for our Anniversary getaway weekend. Diane greeted us at the door upon our arrival. Both her and Ron were very gracious hosts. We stayed in the Starlight Suite. It was wonderful. We had the whole upstairs of the house to ourselves. The jacuzzi tub was a relaxing way to spend some time. My wife and I both still miss the morning breakfast and coffee service. The food is wonderful and bountiful. You do not go away hungry. We also had the En Suit dinner, which was delicious. I would highly recommend staying in one night and ordering a meal. The privacy was one that we enjoyed. The fact that you get the great B & B food and charm without the communal living was a welcomed trait by my wife and myself. I would highly recommend that if you are looking for a great getaway weekend at the Oregon Coast go stay at the Sandlake Country Inn.

Room Tip: If you stay in the Starlight Suite, check the door above the stairs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Forks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

What can I say- our stay in the Rose Garden Room was, once again, great. This time was November 8. Diane and Ron make every effort to make their guests feel very comfortable in clean rooms, with delicious breakfast. Their suggestion for a place to have dinner was appreciated. We had never been to Sportsmen Pub and Grub before. The fresh ling cod was great! Don't know how the innkeepers do manage it, but they do all that they do with just a small raise in the price. Every time we come to Sandlake Country Inn we feel at home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

It has been a couple of weeks since my wife, granddaughter and I stayed at the cottage. Unfortunately the owners were away, but their high level of service was maintained by Mrs. Cheryl.

It was a long day before we arrived at the Inn where I was tired from hiking at Tillamook Forest. There was mix up with the scheduling of the room because of the age of my grand-daughter. So she moved us to the cottage. I was not to happy at first, but the moment my grand-daughter walked into the room it was a hit. She kept saying it remained her of the "boxcar Children" stories. At the conclusion of the trip, my wife asked her what was her favorite place that we stayed at (Benson, Agate Point, Elizabeth Street Inn or the Cottage). The Cottage she said. She liked Mrs. Cheryl's dinner and breakfast and was comfortable the entire time. She especially liked the gas fireplace. My wife liked the specialty bubble bath options as well as our grand-daughter. We also enjoyed the deck where a natural spring trickled around the cottage down to the lake.

Two Downsides which reduced this review from excellent to Very good. 1.) Coffee in the cottage was really bad. OMG bad, but my wife and I are Stumptown snobs. They did have individual coffee maker in the reception area that was decent. 2.) Toilet Area: 1 star I could not sit on the toilet with the door closed. I had to raise my knees slightly to even sit down. My Grand-daughter called it a port-a-potty because even her knees were knocking against the door. It definitely did not stink like one because the entire room was clean and immaculate.

We will stay here again, but maybe in another room because of the toilet situation in the cottage. It is a lovely break and good place for us to start our exploration of Central Coast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

was were we stayed for 1 night on our short exploration of the Oregon coast.
We travelled with our cousins who had the upstairs suite (actually the whole of the 2nd floor)where we opted to have dinner at the inn which was a great idea, since we did not feel like getting in the car and trying to find a restaurant either in Tilamook, or Lincoln City, especially after the 8 km hike to Cape Lookout.Both suites were very comfortable, with no complaints.The owners were traveling in Ireland ,so Charyl took care of us, making dinner and breakfast.She was a wonderful hostess.We recommend this place to whoever is looking for out of the way accomodations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

We had a lovely time staying in the Timbers suite for our honeymoon. It was very quiet, private and just perfect. The inn keepers do a wonderful job of making you feel welcome. They take pride in their job and it shows. The breakfast was wonderful both mornings and arrived at our door exactly as they said. We loved the private entrance and enjoyed the country feeling of the B&B. We will certainly return for another visit. They also do a great job on the special touches and leave nothing out. Thank you for a wonderful time.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Sandlake Country Inn? Share your experiences!