“Friendliest folks in Oregon!” 5 of 5 stars

Clatskanie River Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   600 East Columbia River Highway, Clatskanie, OR 97016   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clatskanie
Corbin, Kentucky
“Friendliest folks in Oregon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My wife and arrived at Clatskanie River Inn worn out and ready for bed. We had made a reservation through Magnuson Hotels. Apparently Magnuson gave the wrong price and it was supposed to be about $20 more for the room than we had expected. The young man at the counter was just learning the job, so he had to be helped by a more senior lady who had been in a conversation in the lobby....they were both the kindest people we could've possibly dealt with. She explained the entire process to both the trainee and to us and she gave us the room at the reserved price.

The rooms are very clean and spacious, the shower was great with plenty of pressure and hot water. The complimentary breakfast was hot and tasty, albeit the selection was limited and the lobby was fairly crowded at the time we chose to come down and eat.

All-in-all a great experience for us as we continued to explore the beauty of the Columbia River Gorge and the Oregon coast!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed at the Clatskanie River Inn en route to a road trip down the Oregon Coast. It was perfectly situated a gateway to the coast: just a half-hour drive past the I-5 (turning off in Longview), which put us about 40 minutes from Astoria (on the coast) the next morning. The hotel is very clean and comfortable -- a little bit nicer than a Comfort Inn, maybe comparable to a Holiday Inn Express. The location (on a strip mall) isn't picturesque, so it's not a destination in itself, but it is a very comfortable place to stay if you are looking for a decent place to spend the night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

My husband planned an overnight getaway for Mother's Day and the Clatskanie River Inn was convenient on our travel route. When we arrived the friendly desk clerk warned us that the banquet room had been reserved for a child's birthday party and they were using the pool, so things on the first floor where our room was located could get noisy. She offered to find us another room upstairs, which ended up being larger and away from the noise. It worked out great. The room was spacious, clean, and had most everything we needed. Although located on the HWY we didn't really notice much noise, especially when we used the room fan unit. They could use a larger tv in the rooms, as the small set was not really suited to view from across the room, but it worked fine. They could also use some extra bedding, as there was only one blanket and no extra pillows. We had some trouble with the wifi, which was hard to connect and was slow. All in all, for the price we enjoyed the stay, however. The King bed was comfortable, there was a fridge and microwave, couch, coffee table, and chairs. The sink and grooming area is in the main bedroom, while the toilet and shower are in the bathroom. The closet is small but adequate. The decor is simple but tasteful.
The continental breakfast was a bit disappointing...the lobby and eating area are spacious, nicely decorated and well kept, but the assortment of foods was small. Bagels, apples, instant oatmeal, dry cereal, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, tea and coffee. We ended up going out to breakfast at Colvin's Pub and Grill nearby, a hole in the wall where locals eat and the breakfast was great! Good prices and good food. The night before we had pizza at Fultano's Family Pizza Parlor within walking distance from the hotel and we'd definitely go there again. Good pizza!
There are few lodging choices in Clatskanie, so this one met our needs. Next time we might stay in Astoria where's the more to see and do.

Room Tip: Get a room away from pool
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed at the Clatskanie River Inn for two nights, between Christmas and New Year. We were travelling with our two dogs, having a quick getaway to explore Orgeon. This was a welcome find: clean rooms, very dog friendly (with only a $20 per stay fee for pets), great location for exploring Astoria, Seaside etc, and great value. Free parking and free wifi were a great bonus. We would happily stay here again when travelling.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Anaheim CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

Very hot day when arrived, turned on AC and set off smoke detector - Receptionist came quick, opened windows, set unit to "fan only" and air cleared in minutes. Extra pillows & blankets, and suitcase rack requests all answered quickly. Towels changed out every day, though we tried to stay GREEN. Bed linens we flagged GREEN and request honored. 2nd morning: My first time trying bacon flavored oatmeal.... I had ladled gravy on my cereal - my oops. Breakfasts offered were filling -- biscuits/gravy, English muffins, instant oatmeal, several cold cereals, juice, milk. Coffee/Hot water available 24/7. No time to try indoor pool/spa, but looked very clean. Easy walk to main street Nehalem. (Our east view was Parking-strip mall shops , west view would have Clatskanie River) Stay Again? YES. (will try to add photos later)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Orchard Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

We had been driving quite a distance and decided to stay in Clatskanie. We were leary because it is a small town and not too much around. What a surprise when we walked in to book a room. The check-in area, corridors, rooms and bathroom were spotless; with carpeted large rooms and tiled bathrooms and up-to-date furnishings. Although this hotel is 6 years old, you feel as though it was just built. The staff was so helpful and pleasant. We were looking for a room in Seattle and the manager helped us find just what we needed. I was able to get on the internet with no problem. This was one of the best hotels on our trip.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Longview
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

Please be advised, this is not the ramblings of a bridezilla. I just don't want this to ever happen to another bride...

I recently booked the meeting room for my wedding and reception. I made plans with the inn two months in advance, kept in contact to verify plans (even calling them the day before the event to finalize everything), and THEY FORGOT! When I arrived the morning of my wedding to decorate, they hadn't set up my room. There were no tables, no linens, NOTHING. There was even building supplies in the corner of the room (I guess they were using the room to store materials for their remodel).

The room was supposed to be set up with "x" amount of tables with the proper linens the night before. When I talked to the front desk, they told me the maids would be in to "help" an hour and half after I arrived. Because of time constraints, I had to set up all the tables by myself while waiting for the maids. When the maids arrived, they didn't even have enough linens or the proper linens for each table. When they ran out of table cloths, they used KING SIZED SHEETS! No joke! I had to have my husband run out to Ross to get table cloths so my guests didn't dine off bed sheets! Everything was wrinkled and they left it at that. When I asked for an iron to smooth out the wrinkles, the front desk acted as if it was an inconvenience to them. When it came time for the reception, we had to remind them to provide the coffee and water pitchers of which they, too, acted as if it was an inconvenience...although it was a service I had paid for.

Because of their lack of...well, everything, I missed all of my morning appointments and was an hour late to my own wedding. No thanks to any of the staff, if it wasn't for my wonderful bridesmaids, my wedding day would have been a complete disaster. After the lousy service they provided to me, especially on someone's wedding day, I would NEVER suggest this place to anyone!

• Stayed November 2009

Been to Clatskanie River Inn? Share your experiences!