“wonderful staff! nice new renovated decor!” 4 of 5 stars

Clackamas Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   16010 SE 82nd Avenue, Clackamas, OR 97015   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Hood River, Oregon
“wonderful staff! nice new renovated decor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

i needed a room last minute near Wilsonville and Portland - Clackamas fit that need.

this room was newly renovated and very nice, the bed is super comfortable - i had the best sleep of the new year so far!
it had some traffic noise - but it slowed down at night.

Both the morning and evening staff were very friendly!! and helpful!! and very welcoming. Traveling as a single female they made me feel safe and looked after.

The breakfast buffet is limited but good, there are nice bakeries and coffee shops next door if you want more.
Overall this Inn gave me more comfort than I expected for a fabulous price!

Room Tip: i was on the top floor :) some hallway noise when people walk through but it was quiet by 10pm
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

this place is amazing its so clean, i would recommend this place to everyone i know!!!!!! The beds were so comfy!!!!!! And it was a killer deal. the staff are so friendly and welcoming. i was greeted with a huge smile as soon as i walked through the door. It was so clean. I can tell that people that work here take pride in where they work. everyone was so nice i still cant believe it. thank you so much. I will be staying here in the future.

Room Tip: great beds
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Friendly check in and out. Super clean spacious rooms! Extra comfortable beds. Microwave, fridge, and large TV. Free breakfast. Shopping and restaurants within walking distance. Very happy with this hotel. Will be staying here again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms in back are quietier.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We spent 3 days at the Clackamas Inn & Suites while in the area for a family reunion weekend. We got an excellent deal through Hotels.com ... so we weren't really expecting much. But we were pleasantly surprised! The staff were all very nice, helpful and eager to please. The room had everything we needed: fridge, microwave, coffee, etc. The best part? The mattress and pillows were the most comfortable we have ever found staying at any motel/hotel ever! We would LOVE to know what brand they are. I would consider buying them for my home. The only negative... we are used to sleeping with the windows open (we enjoy fresh air), but the traffic is too loud. We ended up closing the window and turning on the a/c... then slept awesome! We would definitely recommend Clackamas Inn & Suites and won't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rexburg, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My wife and I recently came to Portland to visit some friends and family and decided to stay at this hotel because of a coupon we found in a hotel guide. Due to the low coupon rate, I figured the place would be a dump and that we would "get what you pay for" but we were VERY wrong! The rooms have flat screen tvs (very nice!), amazingly cozy beds, a wonderfully warm staff, and a decent little breakfast too. We will definitely be telling everyone about this place. If you are going to the Portland area, give this place a try and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nevada City, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We booked the room because of the low price and it was pet friendly. I booked over the telephone with a desk clerk who was very courteous and professional. We arrived late and first thing I noticed was the Adult Video Store next door which made me a little uncomfortable....also on a very busy intersection. We were checked in immediately by the same friendly clerk. Upon entering our room, we were taken back by the pungent smell of urine and also noticed cigarette burns in the bed covers. My boyfriend immediately opened the windows and turned on the air while I went back down to the lobby to request another room. Clerk was extremely apologetic and gave us the room next door. We moved to that room...still smelled funky, as if they used a lot of cleaning solution to cover up years of wear on an old carpet that ultimately needs to be replaced, but at least didn't reek of urine. (In all fairness, these were "pet friendly" rooms and perhaps they don't always smell like that...?) I brought my own pillow and blanket up and slept with those, although sheets and pillows looked clean, but I still had reservations about the bed covers. I also had concerns about our cars being safe in the parking lot, but clerk assured me they never had break-ins and the entire property was under camera surveillance and security. The bathrooms were updated and clean...room did include a microwave, coffee maker, and fridge. Breakfast was served in the lobby and was good--typical pastries, waffles, juice, etc. If you are looking for a good deal and don't mind the aforementioned, this is a decent place. Personally, I would look elsewhere if I had to stay in the Portland area again and pay a bit more for a more comfortable setting.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

While travelling to Portland to visit friends, our friends recommended we try this Inn because it was close to their home and they had heard good things about it. We were a littler reluctant at first because we tend to stay with what we know and go with the chain hotels and judging by the price we weren't sure of what we would get but wow we were surprised. We had a very nice King room with a beautiful view of Mt Hood right out our window. The entire hotel had just been renovated and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. And the room had a microwave and little fridge and brand new flat screens with many channels and movies. And this may seem odd to some but I have to comment on the shower heads. I have stayed in so many hotels with wimpy shower heads that barely put out any water, but this was the most awesome I have found in a hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful and seemed to go out of their way to make people feel at home. And then in the morning there was even a great little breakfast. And all for a very reasonable price. We have found our place to stay every time we come to Portland and would highly recommend this Inn to everyone. We felt so at home there and they really helped make our trip even better.

Room Tip: Top floor back side for a great mountain view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Clackamas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!