“A quiet, comfy stay. And the price was right!” 4 of 5 stars

Clackamas Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   16010 SE 82nd Avenue, Clackamas, OR 97015   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Bend, OR
“A quiet, comfy stay. And the price was right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My roommate and I decided last minute to head to Portland for a quick little vacation to visit some old friends who were traveling through the area. We booked this room less then 24 hours before check-in and the price was great. It's down in Clackamas so it's a tiny bit out of the way from the heart of Portland, but we had no trouble getting to and from the property. It's right off of I-205, and on OR-224 which we took back to US-26 to head home. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful, and the lobby was quaint and well decorated. The room was cozy and the bed was comfy, it even had a mini fridge where we stored our leftovers from our large dinner. If I were staying for just a night or two I would definitely stay here again. However, if you're looking for something close to the airport or Portland itself, then you may want to look elsewhere, or be prepared to drive an extra 10-15 minutes (without traffic) to your destination.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

If your looking for the grand lobby, glitz and glamor this is not the spot for you. The hotel offers one of the best values I've seen in a great while. When I travel I look for a convenient location, clean rooms, TV, Wifi and a comfortable bed. Well this location has just that and at a great price. When I want a resort to stay at for an extended stay with pools and restaurants I'll book at the Ritz. Don't pass it up.

Room Tip: ask for the rear away from the highway
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We had a coupon but it was only for 1 queen bed. I asked for 2 queens but none were available. Then I asked for a king and what kind of a deal could we still get with the coupon. The front desk clerk was awesome. We got a king bed with loveseat that had a pull-out twin bed in a HUGE room. The breakfast was good - 3 kinds of cold cereal, 2 choices of juice, coffee, tea, waffles, oatmeal, biscuits & gravy, muffins and sweet rolls. The room was very clean and easy to settle into for a few days. In-room had a hair dryer, frig, microwave, coffee maker and toiletries. The bed was delightful - felt almost new. Twin bed on pullout was a cheapy, but I put extra blankets under the sheet and it was just right for the little one to sleep in. It is on the corner of a very busy intersection and alittle difficult to get into and if you choose to have your windows cracked you will get traffic noise. The parking is nice, you can park outside or in the garage. The pool was not open because of the weather, so I can't comment on that. Overall, this was a great place to stay on the cheaper side and we will absolutely stay there again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boulder, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Beds were nice...staff not overly helpful or friendly. Breakfast was alright but spray for waffle machine and tongs were not out and we had to ask. Waited at the front desk a few minutes before someone came to check me out. Rooms were fairly clean. A few spots on the sheets and some pulls and tears in the waffle weave blankets. Elevator was a little troublesome. Noises from the hallway were very easy to hear. Numerous different people tried to get into our room which was weird.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Port Orchard, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I recently stayed here on a weekend trip to Portland with my mom and sister. I chose it based on the location, price, continental breakfast and free parking (hard to come by in Portland) It was very easy to find off the highway, close to a coffee stand, grocery store, gas station, etc. but hard to get into. I had to turn around at a store down the way and come back to turn into it, not a real problem just a frustration being tired. Parking was nice as there were lots of open spaces, but walking into the lobby I thought I had made a mistake. s I had to pick up the phone at the front desk to have someone come help me, and after waiting a few minutes she finally arrived. Waiting gave me a good chance to look around and I was not impressed. The lobby was small with a few tables for breakfast. it just looked old, and rundown. When the girls finally arrived she was nothing if not very short with me. She didn't greet me with a smile or a welcome just do you have a reservation? I felt like I was a burden to her day. She checked me in and told me the elevator was at the end of the hall. I went to the car and returned with my belongings, she was again gone from the front desk. As the office was right behind the desk I had no idea where she could have been. I easily found the elevator and went up to my room. There I was shocked. the room was very nice. It had new modern carpeting, fresh paint, nice furnishings, the bathroom was small but the sink was in the room area so it didn't need to be big. I really enjoyed staying in the room and would recommend this hotel based soley on that. The breakfast in the morning was okay but the coffee was gross, and the display looked and felt cheap. Check out was easy as the same girl again rudely took my keys and that was it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Very conveniently located, close to everything; although at an intersection of some very busy thoroughfares, inside the room we enjoyed quiet. The rooms are much more spacious than what I have come to expect, especially in the budget class. There is more than ample space, and the furnishings are attractive. If you're looking for great value for the price in a convenient location, I highly recommend the Clackamas Inn. Responsive and friendly staff, good breakfast, and the little pluses [such as a refrigerator and microwave in the room] all add up to make this a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Florence, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Went here on a medical trip, read reviews and it looked good and the pool was a plus.
We reserved our room and when we got there I was thinking "where's the pool?" So I looked around further and found it in the parking lot it was teeny tiny and green sludgy :(
All night long the gas station across the street was running a jack-hammer, not the hotels fault but still! The best things about the place--it's continental breakfast and it's employees.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Clackamas Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!