“Great service, okay food” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Berrien Springs, Michigan
“Great service, okay food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I was here with a group (10+) and the server was great. The food though was average Mexican fare. Fine, but nothing spectacular. I appreciated that they were willing to make a slight modification so I could have a vegetarian option. One thing I didn't like so much was the salsa. It had a slightly smokey flavor. If you like that flavor I imagine it wouldn't be bad, but I didn't end up eating much of it because of that. I wouldn't refuse to eat here again, but I don't think I'd go out of my way to visit this restaurant again.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Depoe Bay, Oregon
“Good...but smaller portions than a few years ago.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Hadn't been here for about five years but decided to give it a try while up here in Clackamas. Food was good, but nothing spectacular. The taco had very little meat...actually very little anything in it...less than a taco bell taco. The black beans and rice were very good. Tamale was small and had just a little pork, but flavor was good. Flauta's were tasty but a bit greasy and again, not much in them. Corn pudding used to be an ice cream scoop...and oh so good. Today, it was a tablespoon full. Overall the food was average....small portions too, probably to keep the price down. Chevy's restaurants used to 'hop' 10 to 15 years ago. No longer any hop in this chain.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oregon City, Oregon
“Won't go to this place again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went for dinner with another couple. The food was bad. We barely ate it. It was fast food at restaurant prices. The only thing good was the guacamole dip. Very disappointed!

Visited December 2013
Mccleary, Washington
“Great Black Friday dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

After hours of shopping on Black Friday we stopped here for diner before going to the hotel. The food was great, the waitress was super friendly and attentive and the price was very reasonable. We will eat there again for sure! ;)

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vanouver, WA
“Not bad food, could use more attentive service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here for lunch and enjoyed ourselves for the most part. Our only issue (yet a significant one) was that we both ordered from their vegetarian menu and experienced a bit of a problem. With my dish, there was an option of which type of bean I wanted, I chose pinto, but the server did not note that there was meat in the beans. I didn't notice, but when I'd had my fill and let my vegetarian boyfriend finish my beans, he did so immediately. Normally, I wouldn't expect that to be noteworthy, but considering that we both blatantly ordered from their vegetarian menu, I'd think that it would be something to point. I didn't raise a stink or even jip the waiter, he didn't do anything wrong. I just think that there was some room for improvement, and during future visits, my boyfriend and I will simply tread a little lighter though the menu.

• Visited November 2013