“Neighborhood sketchy, and depertely needs a facelift” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Clackamas

You added Motel 6 Clackamas to your Saves list
Motel 6 Clackamas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12855 SE 97th Ave #B, Clackamas, OR 97015 (Formerly Howard Johnson Clackamas)   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
NY
“Neighborhood sketchy, and depertely needs a facelift”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Price was great, being next door to a great restaurant, and the location perfect, but the establishment is really showing its age. Carpets and blankets were stained, and the little items that separate a poor motel with an average one didn't make the cut.

Another troubling indicator were the number of signs around the property warning those who parked there to lock their cars and hide the valuables because of a rash of break ins. If you can avoid this place, avoid it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed here for the memorial day weekend with family and friends. Despite of people advising me not to stay in motel6, I still made reservation here based on my past good experience with motel6 seaside, oregon.

But this is my worst mistake. The rooms were smelly - no microwave/fridge. The wifi had no signal in the rooms. The bathroom of one of the rooms had no doors. I ended up going out and buying room freshener. These rooms are not $70 worth.

I would not recommend this place for people traveling with kids and family.

Note - even though the rooms were bad, the front desk staffs were very friendly and kind (But their kindness did not make our rooms or our stay better)

• Stayed May 2013
Yuba City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

It looks as if this is now a Motel 6. It seems this area was busy, as this was the 3rd place I stopped looking for lodging and was I glad to finally have a place to kick up my feet finally. The staff was pretty good. I wasn't asking for much but they got me a room for the night. the room was a little outdated, no real frills but it had what I was looking for. A bed. The location was above average, had multiple eating establishments near by which was a plus, and a mall which I didn't need but some it would be a plus. The property itself was a little bland, but it did have a pool and was quiet enough for someone who wants to crash for a night. It wasn't my first choice but in a pinch you can't go wrong with with a motel 6. What you get is what you get.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
sunnysideinn, General Manager at Motel 6 Clackamas, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We have just recently changed from a Howard Johnson to a Motel 6. We do currently have our Motel 6 signs.
Zillah, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Any time I'm in Portland to shop(Christmas, school, etc.) I always stay with you. Two reasons: the very helpful and friendly staff, as well as, the cleanliness of the rooms. I know there are hotels with more upscale amenities, etc., but your Inn can't be beat for the above reasons along with the added convenience to great shopping and restaurants. I was especially impressed with with how helpful you were when I flew to Hawaii. You were so helpful with arrangements to stay and leave my car parked in a safe, well-lit area of your parking lot. And, you provided a very early morning ride to the airport! The driver was so friendly and cheerful even at the early hour!
Thank you!!!

Room Tip: My personal preference is an end room if, possible.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
sunnysideinn, General Manager at Motel 6 Clackamas, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I would like to thank you for your comments. We do strive to please everyone that walks in our doors and we like to make people feel like family. Thanks again and we look forward to your return. I will pass along the comments to all our staff.
Victoria B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have stayed in Clackamas on several occasions. We come down for the tax free shopping and to get away for a few days. On this occasion we stayed three nights. We usually stay at the Days Inn but we had decided to try something else for a change. After booking this hotel we started reading the customer reviews and were quite concerned. We decided to try it out anyway and see how it went. We were pleasantly surprised. The staff got us checked in quickly. The room was clean and tidy, and included a microwave and small fridge. We stayed on the ground level but the room was quiet. We could hear a bit of noise from the nearby freeway but not too bad. It was about 95 degrees outside but the air conditioning works like a charm and hid the freeway noise. Breakfast was exactly what you would expect from your “included breakfast”; waffles, boiled eggs, breads, and cereal; all fine. Unfortunately the coffee was undrinkable. Not a problem though as the Town Center mall & Starbucks was close by. The hotel grounds certainly need some clean-up but our room, the pool area, and the breakfast area were all clean and tidy. Wi-Fi worked good. We ended up staying the three nights with no issues. Our favourite restaurants in the area include the Olive Garden & Outback Steak House. As mentioned, the large mall “Towne Center” is across the freeway where you will also find the Max train into downtown Portland. If you are into shopping you can find another great mall called Lloyd Center not too far away which you can drive to or take the Max to.

pros - easy to find, friendly staff, close to shopping and restaurants, pool, included breakfast.
cons – freeway noise, grounds need some attention.
advise to management: wash out your coffee pots and take some pride in the coffee you serve.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
sunnysideinn, General Manager at Motel 6 Clackamas, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I would like to thank you for your response on TripAdvisor and thank you for your stay. We always appreciate comments on our hotel and staff. I am happy to hear you were pleased with our staff as they do take pride in helping each and every guest. We are delighted you enjoyed our breakfast.

Again, Thank you for the nice comments as well as the cons. i will make sure that I look into our housekeeping cleaning our the coffee pots as we do serve excellent coffee. Please feel free to email or call me next time you are in town for the best possible rate.
Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Any time we are in Portland, we stay with you. We always get excellent service. Especially like the area you have for our pets needs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thanks for your wonderful review of our pet area. We do have an excellent fenced off-leash exercise pet area. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Please email or call me next time you are in town.
Olympia, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We are from the Olympia area and are planning on moving back in Oregon in July. We were looking at a house mid-week spontaneously and we needed a place to stay that was pet friendly, so I called the Sunnyside Inn in Clackamas, OR.
Upon checking in, the front desk clerk was not friendly and very short. However, I was tired and just wanted to go to sleep.
We found that our room was in the furthest building from the main lobby building which is where their few amenities were like ice and vending machines. Not only that, but it was the closest to I-205, a very loud highway.
To make matters worse, our rooms was on the third floor and there was no elevator. And it was at the end of the whole aisle of rooms. Not the biggest deal had I not been VISIBLY PREGNANT!
Walking into the room, there was no fridge (I appreciate ice cold drinks right when waking up and most hotels/motels offer them), and it was very small. But the most troublesome aspect was the noise from the highway. I thought the window was open, that was how loud it was.
But still, it was midnight, and I was tired. I was willing to live with all of this, but I had to work in the morning and I needed WIFI, which I was told over the phone before booking that they had.
After getting settled in, I figured I would log on and make sure my VPN worked. I was disappointed to find that their WIFI connection displayed an error each time I attempted to connect. And all I was given was a username and password and no other information like the SSID (name of the wireless device you select from your list of available networks). So we immediately called the front desk clerk. He offered to reset the internet modem (and instructed to restart my computer) and then he also mentioned that if that didn't work, we were free to check out.
I waited a few minutes and restarted my computer, all to no avail. We couldn't stay here if there was no WIFI and he did say that we could check out, so we packed up everything in our car and went to check out.
Imagine my shock when THEY STILL CHARGED US 50% OF MY BILL FOR 20 MINUTES!! We paid $55.48 for 20 minutes of WIFI troubleshooting. The kicker was that they charged us 50% of the room fee and the $10 pet fee on top of it. It doesn't matter if we left the dogs out in the car or not, they still charge the fee. How unfair is that?
I am so disgusted with the lack of service at the Sunnyside Inn. I hope you get your business in shape!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Clackamas? Share your experiences!