“Good location for shopping and the Max” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Clackamas

You added Motel 6 Clackamas to your Saves list
Motel 6 Clackamas
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12855 SE 97th Ave #B, Clackamas, OR 97015 (Formerly Howard Johnson Clackamas)   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Victoria B.C.
“Good location for shopping and the Max”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have stayed in Clackamas on several occasions. We come down for the tax free shopping and to get away for a few days. On this occasion we stayed three nights. We usually stay at the Days Inn but we had decided to try something else for a change. After booking this hotel we started reading the customer reviews and were quite concerned. We decided to try it out anyway and see how it went. We were pleasantly surprised. The staff got us checked in quickly. The room was clean and tidy, and included a microwave and small fridge. We stayed on the ground level but the room was quiet. We could hear a bit of noise from the nearby freeway but not too bad. It was about 95 degrees outside but the air conditioning works like a charm and hid the freeway noise. Breakfast was exactly what you would expect from your “included breakfast”; waffles, boiled eggs, breads, and cereal; all fine. Unfortunately the coffee was undrinkable. Not a problem though as the Town Center mall & Starbucks was close by. The hotel grounds certainly need some clean-up but our room, the pool area, and the breakfast area were all clean and tidy. Wi-Fi worked good. We ended up staying the three nights with no issues. Our favourite restaurants in the area include the Olive Garden & Outback Steak House. As mentioned, the large mall “Towne Center” is across the freeway where you will also find the Max train into downtown Portland. If you are into shopping you can find another great mall called Lloyd Center not too far away which you can drive to or take the Max to.

pros - easy to find, friendly staff, close to shopping and restaurants, pool, included breakfast.
cons – freeway noise, grounds need some attention.
advise to management: wash out your coffee pots and take some pride in the coffee you serve.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
sunnysideinn, General Manager at Motel 6 Clackamas, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I would like to thank you for your response on TripAdvisor and thank you for your stay. We always appreciate comments on our hotel and staff. I am happy to hear you were pleased with our staff as they do take pride in helping each and every guest. We are delighted you enjoyed our breakfast.

Again, Thank you for the nice comments as well as the cons. i will make sure that I look into our housekeeping cleaning our the coffee pots as we do serve excellent coffee. Please feel free to email or call me next time you are in town for the best possible rate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Spokane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Any time we are in Portland, we stay with you. We always get excellent service. Especially like the area you have for our pets needs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thanks for your wonderful review of our pet area. We do have an excellent fenced off-leash exercise pet area. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Please email or call me next time you are in town.
Olympia, Washington, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We are from the Olympia area and are planning on moving back in Oregon in July. We were looking at a house mid-week spontaneously and we needed a place to stay that was pet friendly, so I called the Sunnyside Inn in Clackamas, OR.
Upon checking in, the front desk clerk was not friendly and very short. However, I was tired and just wanted to go to sleep.
We found that our room was in the furthest building from the main lobby building which is where their few amenities were like ice and vending machines. Not only that, but it was the closest to I-205, a very loud highway.
To make matters worse, our rooms was on the third floor and there was no elevator. And it was at the end of the whole aisle of rooms. Not the biggest deal had I not been VISIBLY PREGNANT!
Walking into the room, there was no fridge (I appreciate ice cold drinks right when waking up and most hotels/motels offer them), and it was very small. But the most troublesome aspect was the noise from the highway. I thought the window was open, that was how loud it was.
But still, it was midnight, and I was tired. I was willing to live with all of this, but I had to work in the morning and I needed WIFI, which I was told over the phone before booking that they had.
After getting settled in, I figured I would log on and make sure my VPN worked. I was disappointed to find that their WIFI connection displayed an error each time I attempted to connect. And all I was given was a username and password and no other information like the SSID (name of the wireless device you select from your list of available networks). So we immediately called the front desk clerk. He offered to reset the internet modem (and instructed to restart my computer) and then he also mentioned that if that didn't work, we were free to check out.
I waited a few minutes and restarted my computer, all to no avail. We couldn't stay here if there was no WIFI and he did say that we could check out, so we packed up everything in our car and went to check out.
Imagine my shock when THEY STILL CHARGED US 50% OF MY BILL FOR 20 MINUTES!! We paid $55.48 for 20 minutes of WIFI troubleshooting. The kicker was that they charged us 50% of the room fee and the $10 pet fee on top of it. It doesn't matter if we left the dogs out in the car or not, they still charge the fee. How unfair is that?
I am so disgusted with the lack of service at the Sunnyside Inn. I hope you get your business in shape!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Clackamas hotels

Monmouth, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

My sister and I stayed there for a week while our mother was getting heart surgery across the street. It's nothing fancy, the rooms show their age, but we found it clean and the price was more than fair. Beds were comfortable although we found the pillows to be short and fat and not very comfortable. I was glad I brought my own! They have a decent continental breakfast in the morning and it was never crowded. Wifi reception was excellent and best of all, free. Being next to the freeway road noise was somewhat noticeable, but not awful. As someone else mentioned the grounds could use some improvement, fresh landscaping, keep the cigarette butts picked up and give the place a fresh coat of paint!

Room Tip: We had to check back in for 1 more night. When we did we found our 2nd room had a door to the bathro...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I wish check ins were around noon.. but I know that's when everyone checks out and cleaning starts in the rooms.

That being said it would be nice to have that option available if requested in advance for an extra $10-20 charge.

Over all I liked it...

• Stayed February 2012
PNW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Nice and helpful girl at the front desk. House keeping is doing a great job of cleaning. Fenced area for pets. Nice breakfast, good shower, and easy location. Large room and acceptable furnishings. I will stay again mainly due to price and pet policy.

Maintenance and grounds crews need a kick in the back side. Ice machine near our room not functioning. Exterior paint condition is just unacceptable for anything but a run down drug house. Grounds look badly neglected.

It would not take much $ or time to make this facility look far better and fix a few maintenance issues.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Glen Rose, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I stayed here after circling around the Days Inn for an hour, and I'm a former Army soldier, don't get lost much...anyway, it was fair, and they were nice. Avoid the Gustav's lounge on property and go accross to McMehin's for a nice local pub.

Room Tip: get a room near the pool for a good time, avoid if noise is an issue.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Clackamas? Share your experiences!