“Days Inn Made Over” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Lexington, Kentucky
“Days Inn Made Over”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I travel a lot. I stay in Marriott and Hilton properties primarily. This is the WORST Hampton Inn I have ever seen. First, it is a re-model of some smaller hotel (e.g., Days Inn). The remodeling work is terrible (I took several pics with my phone). And everything is small (bathroom, sink, room) and the halls are narrow. The construction work in the re-modeling is shoddy with giant gaps around the tub, rusty door hinges, etc.

The one good thing is it is priced competitively. But it is certainly not your standard Hampton Inn. Be forewarned.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Prescott, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Good location, quiet. Friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable beds,pillows. Nice shower. Didn't smell like cigarette smoke even though smoking allowed on top floor. Breakfast was good with hot foods, cereals, fruits, waffles, coffee,tea, hot cocoa available at all times. Denny's is next door if you want something else but don't want to drive. Fred Meyer within walking distance. This is an older Hampton Inn but is comfortable. The computer In the business center was slow but for what I needed it for it was fine.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator.
Seattle, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

The main reason I stay at this hotel is the pricing for the room which is very competitive. The remodel has helped but the bathrooms are still small, traffic is terrible getting in and out of property. During my stay the business center computers, were slow, out of date, and very frustrating to work with....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tacoma, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

it is a good hotel, very close to alot of things, and right off the freeway. the continental breakfast was really good! but the staff never smiled and complained that they were running out if food because their were 2 teams there. but the food was hot , and there was enough:)

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am a loyal Hilton honors member . This is by far the worst Hampton Inn I have stayed in. It had a Motel 6 dirty feel to it. Window AC unit, cheap plaster paint on the walls. I checked in at 8:30 pm and had to wait 5 minutes for a attendant to check me in. I do not recomend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
gurutravel101, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
So very sorry to hear how disappointing your night was. We definitely have high standards and inspect each room for any flaws. Please let us know while you are here or give us a call, I will gladly refund your night. We honor and stand behind our 100 percent guarantee. Our summer months are very busy and we try to get every guest promptly checked in , sorry for your delay due to being busy. Take care and have a good day.
BEND
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We always enjoy staying at Hampton Inns when we travel. Comfortable, clean, quiet and good breakfast in the mornings plus very friendly staff. This hotel is just far enough outside Portland to get away from the hustle and bustle yet be close enough to the city and attractions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed here using our Hilton Honors points while visiting Portland, and I'm glad we did. We had a rental car, so getting to Portland only took about 15 minutes. There is however a TriMet bus station across the street that will take you into Portland. I had never stayed at a Hampton Inn, and my expectations were exceeded. Everything was clean and in good working-order. We had to use the Guest Laundry facility, and everything operated as it should (no lost change, dryer was hot). The in-room hairdryer worked well too (if you travel, you know why I'm mentioning these things- because these things have a tendency not to work, and it's annoying). Housekeeping did a nice job; and the maintenance worker was pleasant and said good morning on the elevator. Front desk staff were cheerful and energetic. For what I considered a smaller hotel, I was pleased by the amenities; indoor whirlpool, gym, business center, and a great hot breakfast. I'm picky when it comes to food, and I have to say, the food was very good! We had cheese omelets with breakfast potatoes, biscuits with sausage gravy, fresh assorted fruit, (they also had waffles, muffins, ect). The coffee was very good, and hot.

We had a corner room on the 4th floor with one Queen bed (what was left that I could get free with Hilton Honors points); the room was admittedly small but adequate and comfortable. The bed had the right combination of being plush but firm enough to provide back support. The toilet (now I don't normally comment on the toilet but..) it was the small round-bowl type. I would have liked a more modern, elongated seat; but whatever, right? Bed sheets were nice and soft, and I loved the pillows. If we had to pay for this room, it would have been rack-rate at $100/night, which is about what I would expect to pay, and wouldn't feel bad doing so.

They do mention at check-in to lock your car and remove your valuables due to recent car break-ins; however the area didn't seem bad to us and we felt safe. I did notice Security roaming the property at night, and that made me feel better.

All in all, very pleasant staff and comfortable accomodations. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our corner room with one bed was a tad small.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
gurutravel101, General Manager at Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Well thank you for your very nice review. Guests like you make our jobs easy!!! Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you soon!!

Been to Hampton Inn Portland Clackamas? Share your experiences!