“Greatest Place for a Wedding!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Monarch Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12566 S.E. 93rd Ave., Clackamas, OR 97015   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Clackamas
Portland OR
“Greatest Place for a Wedding!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We just celebrated our son's wedding at the Monarch Hotel. The staff is so accomodating and the ballroom and location were perfect. The onsite catering was unbeliveable. Our family and friends could not compliment them enough for thier hospitality and great food and wonderful accomodations for our guests from out of town that stayed. The pool was beautiful and the rooms were gorgeous. Thank you Monarch hotel and especially your staff Tammy and Garrett who really made our day for our son unforgettable. Thanks

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Portland, Oregon, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

Just held my Daughter's Wedding at The Monarch Hotel on June 11, 2011... Already recieved Emails and Calls from friends and Family stating that the Wedding and Reception was the best they've been to. Food was Absolutely Incredible, The Wedding Room and Reception Area were Beautiful, Guest Rooms were So nice and Comfortable.. Hotel staff was Helpful and attentive to every need... A great place to have A Gathering, at a price that was very Reasonable. I would love to do it again, Thank you, Monarch and all the Staff, it was more than Fun,

Randy Royse.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I had an excellent stay at the Monarch. I spent four nights in Calackamas attending a conference, had no car and spent practically the whole time at the hotel. I had a very clean, comfortable room with jetted tub that sat right above the waterfall, which I got to listen to all night long with my window ajar. Heaven for me. The bed was comfortable. linens soft, towels and toiletries abundant, big fat flat screen TV, fast internet, and very friendly and engaging staff. I felt very safe, secure and at home for a hotel.

I ate two meals a day at the hotel and have no complaints at all about the food. The breakfast menu had lots good offerings, but I found my soul food in the huevos rancheros each morning. Can't beat it. In the evening I wined and dined in Sam's Lounge, ( a great place to spend time with the girls!), and I had a great meal there each and every night. I let the bartender pick dinners for me and he did me right every time. Seafood Pasta first night, Caesar Salad second evening and Halibut on my last meal there. One night I ran into a fun and gregarious older man in the lounge who was having fun hanging with the other patrons. After he left I found out he was the owner and I was impressed that he actually hung out with his hotel guests.

I am an innkeeper and I know how important a review can be for a hotel. I normally don't give out a "five" but aside from my lovely room and the good food, the staff alone could have made this hotel a five for me. They were there for you when you needed them with a smile on their face and all the time in the world for you. I truly believe you will also get what you put out there. I treated them as I want to be treated and the respect was mutual.

Yes...they need new carpet in the hallways, but my shoes were NOT offended to the point of giving this hotel a bad rating, especially when everything else was soooo nice. Sam...get some new carpet. But keep the cooks and the rest of your staff!

Room Tip: get a room over the waterfall
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Salem, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

For the amount they charge I feel they definitly can have the money to either clean the carpets or replace them..very worn down and dingy...The rooms werr great..loved the bed and the spa tub...I do suggest adding some sort of stepping device to get into the tub..I am short 5'1 and it was difficult to get in and out of the tub... Also we didnt get our slippers like the ad had said..But like I said the rooms were amazing...the carpets outside the rooms and in the rest of the hotel were yucky..very dirty looking...the food service was great and very friendly people..but withthe $3million remodel they did they shoulda splurged for new carpet

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Lawrenceville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011 via mobile

A poor attempt has been made to update and remodel the rooms. But they did not finish the updating. The door frames are coming off the wall, the showers either scald or freeze you. This place is still in need of work updating the rooms, definitely can stay at a better quality place for the amount that they charge here.

• Stayed April 2011
MonarchPortland, Director of Sales at Monarch Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
We are very sorry this guest's experience was not up to our usual standards. We hope the guest alerted our front desk about the shower and other issues with the guest room as this is the only way we can fix a problem. We are constantly updating our hotel and hope to have another opportunity to be of service to this guest.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Our group, the Oregon Region Porsche Club, held our 50th Anniversry celebration at the Monarch Hotel. The staff did a wonderful job meeting all of our needs. We had 165 for dinner - food and service was great. We used the Monarch room for all day on Saturday which included a car show. There was always someone near by who met everyone of our requests with a smile! We highly recommend Tammy and Chris in the catering and sales office and also Steve and Garret who were the catering managers during our event. Everyone had a wonderful time!! Those who stayed at the hotel were very happy - very nice remodeled rooms.

• Stayed September 2010
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

My wife and I had stayed at the Monarch a couple of years ago for our anniversary. We came back again because we heard that it had been remodeled and we like the location close to shopping. We stayed in the King spa suite. The room was very nice and clean with new decor and treatments. The spa tub had been updated to a more modern type. Our room was very spacious and had a southern territorial view, which I enjoyed. My wife's favorite for breakfast is the corned beef hash. My favorite for lunch is the Ruben and our favorite for dinner is the seafood pasta sauté.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Monarch Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!