“Hot, fresh and friendly” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lebanon, Oregon
“Hot, fresh and friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

My Reuben sandwich was fresh, hot, and good. DH tried the cod cakes. He prefers fish and chips. We loved the ambience of sitting on the deck on a sunny day. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. The location is convenient if you are camping at Sunset Bay State Park!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Elkton, Oregon
“Bad start for Mothers Day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We should have turned around and went back out the door when we entered. The restraunt smelled of burnt skillet. We were seated at a table that was sticky and the chairs hard and uncomfortable. The Mothers Day special menu looked good, but we chose items from the regular lunch menu. We both ordered crab cakes, mine with rice and my wifes with french fries. It took a long time to get our orders (over a half an hour from seating to eating). The crab cakes had been fried in lard or very heavy oil that was not fresh. Consequently the crab cakes tasted like old grease. My wifes french fries were quite dark, usually an indication of old deep fry oil. My rice was good but on the border line of being salty. We will not go back to this establishment again. It stinks and the food and service is lousy. Should have gone across the street to Chucks Seafood and got a couple of salmon sticks.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bend, Oregon
“Best chowder around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We have had four meals here during the last month. Both lunch and dinner. Always very good. The chowder is excellent. Get a table by the window, the view is great. Service is friendly and the place is casual. Good beer/wine selection.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, Oregon, United States
“When Will I Ever Learn?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Had pretty much decided that I would never again spend money at the High Tide however agreed to meet a friend there for a beer. Looking at the evening specials reminded me why I had made that decision. High prices, inconsistent quality and so so service are the norm but hey....it was just a beer. Ordered a pint of local micro brew and what do you know...FIVE BUCKS......for one pint. Last time I paid that much for a beer there was at least a pro basketball game to watch. The real kicker was when my friend had to send back the fish and chips that were served half raw. High Time for the High Tide to find a way to reduce price and increase quality. I know others in the area have done it.

usa
“Just what we needed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

After a November day of crabbing and camping I took a chance on the High Tide Cafe right down the road from my campsite. I was grungee, cold and must have looked like a wild person. However, I was seated respectfully near a window and ordered clam chowder - A BIG bowl arrived with fresh, bread and butter and when the taste hit my palette I knew I had a winner. I asked to be moved to a table by the FIREPLACE and was graciously reseated to enjoy my dinner.
The interior is open with a huge window that looks out on the water. Tables outside would seat people in the warmer months. There is an area for live music too. I really enjoyed my conversation with the waiter and vowed to come back.
and I did in January 2014 with three friends on another camping/crabbing expedition. We had experience a LOUSY day of crabbing and did not have enough crabs for our own dinner so I suggested the High Tide. When we entered, the fire was roaring and I headed straight for it. Our waiter again handled our orders with efficient speed and our meal was wonderful: Steamer clams: AWESOME! Of course, the Clam chowder lived up to it's medal of honor Award. Everyone was satisfied and the dessert offerings were great too.
Prices were fine and we left feeling full, cared for and ready for another day on the water.

• Visited January 2014