“Redemption” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Pub, Grill, Fusion, Family Fare
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Point Pub and Grill in downtown Central Point, Oregon.
Central Point, Oregon
“Redemption”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I had posted a scathing review a few months ago about a dinner I had attended at The Point. Tonight The point redeemed themselves. Service was great! Food was excellent, promptly delivered. Our server worked with my kids on their order and was quite savvy on the items on the menu. We will be back again!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Much Better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

After a skimpy meal we tried this place again because we 1: like the taste of the food and 2: like the atmosphere. To our delight we found the portions much better. Its a good spot and we would love to see it succeed.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Central Point, Oregon, United States
“Potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just went in for a drink and watch the second half of the 49er game. Excellent t.v.'s, love the brick and selection of micro beers. I don't love sitting at the bar and the bartender ignoring me for 5 mins before acknowledging my date and I. She sat at a half empty bar while I went to the can, and the bartender still hadn't even acknowledged her. This is a common service error now days. When I was in food service the first thing I was taught was to greet your guest. I think it is very rude. Finally the bar-back asked us if we were being helped. He turned out to be the owner and service improved, but it was obvious that the Point is poorly staffed. It's a shame because the room is nice. I'll give it another try after the grand opening.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
HEW_AT_THE_POINT, Owner at The Point Pub and Grill, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Hi, Michael L. Thank you for your feedback. We take these "Pointers" to heart and strive to improve our services based on helpful input such as yours. Please give us another try. If anything is not to your liking, please ask to speak with our manager. We want you to have fun and good food in a great environment. Cheers!
Medford, Oregon
“Great Place in Central Point”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have gone to The Point several times since it has opened. We receive service with smiles. The food is reasonable and excellent. My favorite is the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich and the yumy fries! I love the atmosphere too, especially the bar with it’s hardwood floors, brick walls, tile entry way and the nice tablecloths with the holiday decorations. A great place to take friends and family.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Darn It”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Was so glad to have a good spot to go when in Central Point on business. But on our last visit the portion of fish and chips much too light for the 12.00 price. When I mentioned to the waitress the small dab of fries she said the consistency was lacking in the portion control when they first opened so now they measure 1 cup for fries! I didn't mention the 2 small fish fillets. Now we are talking about potatoes here folks ! common sense would say at least have a nice portion of potatoes. Its a nice atmosphere and the food is good quality. Beer good. I would like to try again, and hope they don't skimp too much.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
HEW_AT_THE_POINT, Owner at The Point Pub and Grill, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Hi 1goodcat. First of all, thank you for your repeat patronage. Your points are well made (pun intended?). We take this feedback to heart. On your next visit, if you have any concerns, we want to know about it. If something is not to your liking, we will fix it. If you are not satisfied in some fashion, please ask to speak with the manager. We depend upon and appreciate your input. We want to be here serving Central Point for a long, long time. Our goal is to provide the highest quality of service and food in a fun and comfortable environment, a place of options (for instance, a gathering of friends on the Pub side, or a family friendly dining experience on our dining side) for the people of Central Point. I hope you will try us again soon. Cheers!