“Columbia River Inn is Lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Cascade Locks
“Columbia River Inn is Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We have been to this hotel a few times for business and truly enjoyed our stay. The help are exceptional and the rooms are very well maintained. The breakfasts are extremely hearty to say the least. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sandy P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us again and we are pleased to hear that you had another great stay. We look forward to your return to the Gorge and invite you to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Arnold
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This is a well maintained and clean hotel with great views of the Columbia River. Our room was very large, nicely decorated and equipped with double sinks. A wonderful breakfast is served in the restaurant adjacent to the hotel. The only minor complaint we have with this hotel would be the trains. Like almost all hotels in the Columbia Gorge trains run by occasionally. Only one woke us as it sounded its horn for some reason.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sandy P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
We want to thank you for staying with us in the beautiful National Scenic Area and we agree...those trains, if I could move the tracks today I would. We hope that you will return to the Gorge and we invite you to stay with us again.
Tuscon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The room was very clean and comfortable, had a great view, and had great cable and internet. I grew up around trains, so the one outside our window every few hours was really cool to hear. Front desk and check-in went well, but I get the feeling the forced friendliness is exactly that. The breakfast experience was very disappointing. The young lady who took our order at the counter morphed into a rude little brat when we produced our vouchers. It took 30 minutes for the food to arrive, we sat at a dirty table the whole time, she literally slammed my plate down before rolling her eyes and walking away. The food was cold and very much undercooked. The people next to us were trying desperately to get her attention, but she just walked away. Very rude service on her part. This is a great small town in a beautiful area. It is really too bad they don't treat tourists more appreciatively. For $199/night, I think I will find somewhere else to stay next year.

Room Tip: Second floor jacuzzi tub in the room is nice. Very private, clean, and a good way to watch the sunse...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so very sorry that your feel my staff at the hotel is not genuine and friendly, we have received many awards for our Customer Care and we do take this to heart. I have had extensive conversations with the restaurant next door to insure what you experienced does not happen again and they agree, this is not what they want. My staff and I thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will be able to give us a second chance.
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Good - Check in was very pleasant and the ladies were efficient, friendly and know their jobs. There is nice bold coffee in the lobby at all times (although I was disappointed that the French Vanilla creamer available on the first day was not available for the remainder of the week). Our room had a sink just as you step in with a granite countertop at a nice height. Just past the sink counter was a refrigerator and microwave. The toilet and shower were separate. The TV was on a tall dresser and was huge, probably 42”, and they had lots of TV channels. There was a bench that we used to set one of our suitcases on and a luggage rack for the other. The room had lots of space to move around and included a king size bed and love seat, desk and chair. The room was comfortable and well appointed. The AC was positioned well so it did not blow cold air on your head while you tried to sleep (I encountered this problem two years ago when I stayed here). They had a nice size whirlpool tub in the pool area that was very welcome - I’d have liked the water to be a tad warmer.

Not good - The light on the wall just as you entered the room actually controlled the light above the sink. The result was you encountered a very strong light instead of a lower wattage hallway light - I found this overwhelming when I entered the room. The internet was inconsistent. Sometimes it would seriously slow down (almost stop) and I can only assume that the cause was other guests on-line activity/downloads. Breakfast has changed as the new owners of the Char Grill restaurant next door also purchased the hotel. They no longer have a breakfast buffet so breakfast is available at the Char Burger. Breakfast doesn’t start until 7:00 a.m. which is late for a hotel breakfast. They let you order one “item” which can be granola with yogurt, oatmeal with a pear, or larger plates with eggs to order, meat and bread. You do not get any juice and, if you like to have yogurt and oatmeal, you must pay $7 for the extra item. The options almost force you to make unhealthy choices since you can have either “oatmeal” or “two eggs, hash browns, toast, and choice of sausage, bacon or ham”. Of course the coupons you receive make certain to tell you that the “complimentary” breakfast does not include gratuity. Well…you go through a cafeteria style serving line so I am not certain why gratuities are being requested? This breakfast change was very disappointing as the hotel previously had a wonderful breakfast buffet (served in the hotel) with great sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, waffle maker, yogurt, real oatmeal, juices, assorted cereals and breads. One good thing about the current breakfast is that they have killer peppered bacon - I ate way too much of the stuff!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sandy P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us again and for your comments on the breakfast next door, this is a new project for us and we will be having many discussions on how to improve, I will bring your comments to the table. I am sorry we ran out of French Vanilla creamer.
I am excited for our new guest room lighting package that will address some of the issues for you. It appears we did not meet all of your expectations, but I invite your to return and stay with us again in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Our room had two queen beds, a loveseat and coffee table, table w/two easy chairs, flat screen TV, twin sinks, and microwave/mini-fridge. The bedding and window treatments were very nice quality. We had time to enjoy the indoor pool, which was a little larger than some hotel pools. When you check in you receive a voucher for breakfast the the cafe next door. Our room overlooked the Columbia River. While there were trains running on the tracks below, they didn't bother us (the rooms also come with ear plugs).

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more spacious and have windows on both exterior walls.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am please your enjoyed your guest room and the view from our rooms of the mighty Columbia River and the Cascade Mountain range. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will return to the Gorge and invite you to stay with us again.
Idaho Falls, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My family loved our stay! The room was very clean and comfortable with a beautiful view. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. We will look for Best Western Plus Hotels on all of our journeys from here on out. I hope that the rest are up to this standard.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Sandy P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will return soon and stay with us again.
Portland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had the best time staying at the Best Western, Cascade locks and not only were the rooms clean. The pool and spa were clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. My favorite part was the fact that we got a free breakfast next door at a beautiful restaurant where we sat overlooking the river and the historic Bridge of The Gods! My friends and I had a wonderful time and will be staying there again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for your positive comments and for staying with us. We know how lucky we are to have the incredible views out our windows. The entire staff hopes you will return to the Gorge and invite you to stay with us again.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbia River Inn? Share your experiences!