“Revised happy opinion” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Winery
Sherwood, Oregon
“Revised happy opinion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Thank you Patrick Taylor (Wine maker) and Scott? (TR) for erasing my earlier less then good experience! Enjoyed the wines and found them quite good! Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cobble Hill, Canada
“The Wine; Oh, the wine!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our hosts from Beaverton encouraged us not to miss this winery when touring the area. The winery is housed in an Italian type villa with patio and grounds that would be most pleasant for a picnic in warm weather. (next year) Our host was a knowledgable young woman who attentively guided us through our flight of “to die for”, big, full bodied reds. This was just our second stop on our tour this day so I was able to swallow every drop of every taste. It was worth ending the wine tasting for the day after this visit. We purchased some of their Sangiovese Grosso which will be kept for a special occasion.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sherwood, Oregon
“Wish I had a better experience to report”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Glad the previous reviewer had a good experience with John, must have been my luck to catch him on a bad day! On two previous visits to Cana I enjoyed very much top quality wines and fantastic service.
On this day Tues. Jun 19, 2012 I attempted to share with a Napa, California wine instustry counterpart what I expected to be an exceptional experience for both of us. Instead we were rudely treated from the moment we walked through the door a full hour before closing time.
I am ADA and was refused service even after explaining my post stroke circumstances and I for one will never go near this location again. Go to Domaine Drouhin or Archery Summit where you will be warmly welcomed with class and distinction. Better wines and staff!
This was a most upsetting experience to say the least.
Caveat Emptor,
Lo/Sherwood,OR

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“A Feast for the Palate in Carlton, Oregon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

A couple of weeks ago, some friends from Virginia came for a visit so I decided to introduce them to the town of Carlton, Oregon. We happened upon a winery called Cana's Feast, housed in a a Tuscan-style villa with a stunning outdoor patio. We were warmly greeted at the door by John and he took us through our flight of delicious wines as we learned the winery acquires most of its grapes from Washington State and focuses on several Italian varietals (Nebbiolo, Primitivo, Barbera), and Cabernet Franc, Syrah and Pinot Noir. In need of some nourishment, we popped into the Cucina area of the villa and enjoyed the most amazing pumpkin soup and other nibbles. Chef Dana stopped by our table to ask if the soup was to our liking and and we proclaimed we wanted to lick the bowls! We also met Amy, the Events/Tasting Room Manager and advised Cana's Feast would now become a part of every trip to Carlton.