“Best motel on a 3 week roadtrip” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Canyonville
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Best motel on a 3 week roadtrip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This motel saved our lives! We were lost for about 6 hours driving around in the forest because a fire had closed down a road, making our GPS go crazy. So when we finally found a road and this motel, we were the happiest people on earth. Check in was quick and easy, and "unfortunately", only a king suite was available. ;) It was bigger, cleaner and better than most hotel rooms we have stayed in on our trip. Beautiful room. Breakfast was great. If you're ever lost and tired, this place is heaven!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Super friendly front desk staff. I forgot my toothpaste - no problem went to front desk and got a tube. Good hot breakfast with nice selection to choose from. Room was spacious and clean. We were attending a concert at 7 Feathers Casino and took the shuttle back and forth from the hotel - super easy. We had a couple of cocktails and so having a chauffer was great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampshire, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We were trying to drive from Mid-California to Eugene, Oregon but all the hotels in Eugene were sold out. We've had good experience with HI Express, and this one did not disappoint! Friendly, helpful staff, and a nice, clean, comfortable room. Newly renovated, large, and a comfy bed. What else do you need?!

Room Tip: Select a room on the third floor in front for less truck noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This Holiday Inn is in the area which is considered the gateway to Crater Lake. Not only is the area beautiful but the people at the hotel are wonderful as well. Kassie and Nai make you feel as though they value you as a customer.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor and not facing I-5 are preferable.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We checked out the 7 Feathers (noisy, crowded, huge parking lot, no free breakfast, comparable rates but higher taxes) and settled on the Holiday Inn. We made the right choice. The room was new, large, immaculate, and well appointed with a beautiful view of the back fir/pine trees. It was quiet and we got the best night's sleep of our trip from AZ to Portland. The staff (especially the young man at the front desk and the breakfast hostess) were very accommodating and friendly, the breakfast included many healthy choices, not the usual continental. I especially appreciated the Bath and Body and Body Works "white citrus" bathroom amenities. We will stay there again on our return trip.

Room Tip: The rooms on the "back" facing the trees, not the parking lot/freeway are quiet, but the h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

After an unbelievably terrible experience at Seven Feathers where we had our room, secured with a credit card, given to a young woman who placed her "girls" on the counter for the young man behind the counter to admire to get her way, we arrived at the Holiday Inn across the freeway. Amanda went above and beyond in an effort to make our night a little better. She extended the best rate possible and gave us a goodie bag and even offered to call for a ride to the casino so we could get some dinner (we hadn't eaten all day) as it was, that late, the only place to eat. She even gave us a room in an area where there were few rooms rented so we could get quality rest and yet close to the exterior door so we could leave quickly in the morning. I do hope the manager at this location feels fortunate to have her in their employ as they are! Truly! She is a gem!!! Thank you, Amanda!

Room Tip: Request a room near the back stairwell. Makes it convenient to come and go.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bainbridge Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the way from WA to CA. It was right off the freeway. It was clean and well taken care of. I had major issues with my booking,they said I had the wrong night and already charged me for the night before and would have to charge me for this night as well. The front desk tried to be helpful, but even after calling her manager I was still treated as I had made a mistake. Was very frustrated but tried to remember that she was just following what her computer and manager was telling her. I would have left but it was 9:30 at night and my kids were tired. After I checked in and had time to go through my emails I was able to prove I was correct- the young lady said she'd have a manager look into it. The next morning the manager kept saying it was central reservations issue and I'd have to get my money returned from them. Those of you who travel a lot know that you usually have to get your money back from the hotel. I had to ask the manager several times to call himself and to straighten it out- I said I'd give him a head start and when I talked to corporate it would not be pretty. I just got ahold of someone who was very helpful when the manager returned to me and finally everything was straightened out and my second payment was returned. Should not have had to go through that aggravation- especially when I forwarded them the email that showed my correct reservation- but at least in the end it was taken care of. My kids slept well, we had a decent breakfast and continued on our way.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville? Share your experiences!