“BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AND SCENERY” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Canyonville
Las Vegas, Nevada
“BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AND SCENERY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This Holiday Inn is in the area which is considered the gateway to Crater Lake. Not only is the area beautiful but the people at the hotel are wonderful as well. Kassie and Nai make you feel as though they value you as a customer.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor and not facing I-5 are preferable.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We checked out the 7 Feathers (noisy, crowded, huge parking lot, no free breakfast, comparable rates but higher taxes) and settled on the Holiday Inn. We made the right choice. The room was new, large, immaculate, and well appointed with a beautiful view of the back fir/pine trees. It was quiet and we got the best night's sleep of our trip from AZ to Portland. The staff (especially the young man at the front desk and the breakfast hostess) were very accommodating and friendly, the breakfast included many healthy choices, not the usual continental. I especially appreciated the Bath and Body and Body Works "white citrus" bathroom amenities. We will stay there again on our return trip.

Room Tip: The rooms on the "back" facing the trees, not the parking lot/freeway are quiet, but the h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Roseburg, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

After an unbelievably terrible experience at Seven Feathers where we had our room, secured with a credit card, given to a young woman who placed her "girls" on the counter for the young man behind the counter to admire to get her way, we arrived at the Holiday Inn across the freeway. Amanda went above and beyond in an effort to make our night a little better. She extended the best rate possible and gave us a goodie bag and even offered to call for a ride to the casino so we could get some dinner (we hadn't eaten all day) as it was, that late, the only place to eat. She even gave us a room in an area where there were few rooms rented so we could get quality rest and yet close to the exterior door so we could leave quickly in the morning. I do hope the manager at this location feels fortunate to have her in their employ as they are! Truly! She is a gem!!! Thank you, Amanda!

Room Tip: Request a room near the back stairwell. Makes it convenient to come and go.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Bainbridge Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the way from WA to CA. It was right off the freeway. It was clean and well taken care of. I had major issues with my booking,they said I had the wrong night and already charged me for the night before and would have to charge me for this night as well. The front desk tried to be helpful, but even after calling her manager I was still treated as I had made a mistake. Was very frustrated but tried to remember that she was just following what her computer and manager was telling her. I would have left but it was 9:30 at night and my kids were tired. After I checked in and had time to go through my emails I was able to prove I was correct- the young lady said she'd have a manager look into it. The next morning the manager kept saying it was central reservations issue and I'd have to get my money returned from them. Those of you who travel a lot know that you usually have to get your money back from the hotel. I had to ask the manager several times to call himself and to straighten it out- I said I'd give him a head start and when I talked to corporate it would not be pretty. I just got ahold of someone who was very helpful when the manager returned to me and finally everything was straightened out and my second payment was returned. Should not have had to go through that aggravation- especially when I forwarded them the email that showed my correct reservation- but at least in the end it was taken care of. My kids slept well, we had a decent breakfast and continued on our way.

• Stayed August 2013
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were driving back from California and stopped at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville in Oregon for just one night. What a pleasant surprise! Very nice hotel and suites.

ONLY complaint was I smelled a "smoke" like smell when the air flow/conditioner was not on. Keep in mind the temperatures were high as it is summer (anywhere from approx. 35-40 degrees Celcius outside). We noticed on our road-trip driving that there had been a lot of fires (forest fires, road-side/grass fires, etc. as per evidence left behind). Not sure if that smell had something to do with that or from the nearby breakfast area (maybe someone burnt toast?) Our room was across the hall from the breakfast area. Other than that, it would have scored a 5 for a review for the areas we used.

We did not use the majority of the facility so cannot comment on those areas. We checked in, bonus of only 1% hotel tax (due to being on the reserve; off the i-5 freeway). Apparently the Casino hotel on the other side of the freeway charges 8%, so bonus for us! :)

Breakfast was one of the better breakfast meals we've had at a hotel on this vacation trip. I suppose you get what you pay for. Even then, it was not overly expensive (just under $130/night with the BC AA rate). They didn't have fresh you-make waffles, but they did have a neat pancake device for fresh pancakes! Normal breakfast items (eggs, yogurt, bread-type items, cereal, etc.).

The rooms were a lot fancier than some of the cheaper hotels that we've been staying at on this trip. Granite countertop for the sink area. Tub/shower had good water. Tidy, newer rooms; nicer furniture. Easy parking. Nice open check-in/lobby area.

If we drive through that area again, we would definately stop in and stay without hesitation.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Needed a stopping point, and Roseburg HI was full. Nice property, excellent greeting, all was clean and working. Great breakfast service. Easy access, quiet, nice pool. Free wi-fi, friendly guests. Nice shower and room layout. Comfy bed.

• Stayed July 2013
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very small town of Canyonville, but right off freeway for great access - casino only thing in town. Clean, but breakfast could have been better - no butter, seriously? There is a great Mexican restaruant on their "main street" - El Paradaiso.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville? Share your experiences!