We were driving back from California and stopped at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville in Oregon for just one night. What a pleasant surprise! Very nice hotel and suites.
ONLY complaint was I smelled a "smoke" like smell when the air flow/conditioner was not on. Keep in mind the temperatures were high as it is summer (anywhere from approx. 35-40 degrees Celcius outside). We noticed on our road-trip driving that there had been a lot of fires (forest fires, road-side/grass fires, etc. as per evidence left behind). Not sure if that smell had something to do with that or from the nearby breakfast area (maybe someone burnt toast?) Our room was across the hall from the breakfast area. Other than that, it would have scored a 5 for a review for the areas we used.
We did not use the majority of the facility so cannot comment on those areas. We checked in, bonus of only 1% hotel tax (due to being on the reserve; off the i-5 freeway). Apparently the Casino hotel on the other side of the freeway charges 8%, so bonus for us! :)
Breakfast was one of the better breakfast meals we've had at a hotel on this vacation trip. I suppose you get what you pay for. Even then, it was not overly expensive (just under $130/night with the BC AA rate). They didn't have fresh you-make waffles, but they did have a neat pancake device for fresh pancakes! Normal breakfast items (eggs, yogurt, bread-type items, cereal, etc.).
The rooms were a lot fancier than some of the cheaper hotels that we've been staying at on this trip. Granite countertop for the sink area. Tub/shower had good water. Tidy, newer rooms; nicer furniture. Easy parking. Nice open check-in/lobby area.
If we drive through that area again, we would definately stop in and stay without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville in Canyonville, Oregon. We offer affordable luxury lodgings in the heart of southern Oregon, within reach of the area's most beautiful destinations such as Crater Lake, the Umpqua River, and the wine country region of the Umpqua Valley. Take advantage of all our complimentary perks, from hot breakfast to Wi-Fi internet access, as well as a 24-hour shuttle service to and from the nearby casino, courtesy of Seven Feathers Casino Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Canyonville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Canyonville
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Canyonville Best Western
- Best Western Canyonville Hotel