“Excellent oceanfront resort and Restaurant Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Surfsand Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   148 West Gower Ave, Cannon Beach, OR 97110   |
Ranked #6 of 13 hotels in Cannon Beach
Roseburg, OR
“Excellent oceanfront resort and Restaurant Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife recently surprised me with a 4 day stay at SurfSand Resort for my birthday. What an awesome experience. Our fireplace room overlooked the ocean, the resort restaurant was excellent, and we actually ate Thanksgiving dinner there. I had an awesome spa experience as part of my birthday present, with a massage with Jessica Rainey, a Massage Therapist there. Highly recommend Jessica,

Room Tip: Always go for oceanfront with fireplace. Also, a very very pet friendly resort, bring Skippy !
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SUManager, General Manager at Surfsand Resort, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Nice to hear from you on your recent surprise birthday visit to the Resort. The Wayfarer does an amazing job with food and service so glad that you enjoyed it. Thank you for your compliments on Jessica one of our massage therapist.

Lookig forward to hosting you again,

513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Clinton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were a family of four and had a two bedroom suite. It was beautifully appointed with quality finishes and furniture. We had a direct view of Haystack Rock and the beach, with a nice balcony too. They put out chairs on the sand in front of the hotel for guests to use. It was all lovely.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms have a view but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SUManager, General Manager at Surfsand Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
So glad you had such a wonderful stay with us! Thank you for the wonderful comments about the Surfsand Resort. Since you loved all of those amazing amenities we offer, next time try a beach bonfire that our staff can set up for you! We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Cheers,
Kapaa, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We came here without a reservation. We were able to get a nice studio with a porch, ground floor for around 200. We ate at the very nice restaurant and walked to Haystack Rock. It was a foggy day and the rock was hard to see until we were there. Amazing. Tidepools with starfish and seabirds nesting. Terriffic.
Our room was a little crowded with the amenities but so nice. The bed was excellent. This to me, is the Carmel of the Oregon Coast. Art and unique shops, no fast food or chain anything. Great location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comments! Haystack Rock is a wonderful place to explore tide pools and glad you enjoyed that while staying with us. The Tempur-Pedic beds are excellent aren’t they. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.
Cheers
Jerry W Martin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed here. He was taking classes for work and I was relaxing. We opened our door every morning to a wonderful view of Haystack Rock!! It was beautiful! The room was clean and comfortable. We had a great tub and a fireplace. We enjoyed the fresh cookies every day in the lobby and the Wayfarer resteraunt was delicious!! Definately want to come back!!

• Stayed November 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us! The views of Haystack Rock from the rooms are amazing. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay with us!
Stamford CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great location, right on the beach, but walking distance to a variety of restaurants and shops, including the Tuesday afternoon farmer’s market. King-bedded beachfront room – well furnished clean and comfortable, with a great bed, balcony overlooking the beach, ocean, Haystack Rock. Room a little cramped when converted from queen- to king-size bed, but nothing serious. Ample seating and storage, spacious bathroom and convenient frig/microwave for morning coffee or a pre-dinner glass of wine. Friendly, helpful staff. Enjoyed the hot tub and swimming pool as well. Would return and recommend. Did take a peak at one of the one-bedroom units on the floor below; while the extra space is nice if you’re traveling with a family, only the living area has a view; the bedroom windows open to the outside hallway at the back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Surfsand Resort. We have a large variety of rooms that accommodate most guest needs. Glad that you enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

Hope to see you soon,
Corvallis, OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights for my husband's work conference. I was very impressed with everything, from the cleanliness of the rooms, to the size, the view and the courtesy of the staff. Our room was listed as a partial view (3301) and maybe that's just because you had to look past the parking lot to see the beach, but it was still a fantastic view of the ocean and Haystack Rock.

I really appreciated all of the little customer service touches. My daughter was given a sand pail and shovel and animal crackers upon check-in. There is a DVD library from which you can borrow two titles at a time at no charge and they'll throw in a bag of microwave popcorn. Every afternoon at 3:30pm, fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies are available in the lobby and I was always encouraged to take more than one. Our room had a gas fireplace in the main room and a soaking tub in the bathroom and I made good use of both of these features.

The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant, the pool/spa area was nice, the location was fantastic. I just can't say enough good things about this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We will be replacing the furniture in that building late this spring even thought they are still in nice order. There is nothing quite like sitting and relaxing on the beach, Haystack Rock to the south, Ecola State park to the north.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I arrived at Surfsand not knowing what to expect. I always get alittle nervous going to new places on the beach, because I have my favorite places that I go- and I tend to stick to them. Once I arrived I was greeted by a friendly staff member, who immediatly wished me a happy Anniversary( I had put in comments that it was our Anniversary when I reserved the room), and given a list of all the ammenities the place had to offer. It was almost overwhelming because they have so many amazing ammenities. The one that stuck out in my mind was they will deliver movies to your room, from a huge list they had given me, so I didn't have to get wet if it was raining, or cold. I knew I would be using that serivce later:)
I was given directions to the retreat building, and drove over. I was nervous about not having a good view of the ocean. The room was listed as a partial view with a view of haystack rock. I have been burned by a "partial view " in the past at different hotels- but the trip advisor reviews said that it was actually a decent view, so I went for it. I was not disappointed. The view was awesome. It was room 4201. The room itself was fantastic as well. I walked in and was amazed how new and clean everything looked. It had a nice fireplace, with a flat screen ablove it, had a huge bed, a nice table and chair sitting area, and an ipod docking station. Now let me get started on my favorite part- THE BATHROOM!!!!!! It had a HUGE soaking tub. Very deep, and fit both me and my husband. It also had a dual headed shower that was seperate from the tub. It also had a small tv in the bathroom:) Which I didn't even turn on- but it was a cute touch. The room also came with extra pillows and and a fan:) I ended up using the fan, because the fireplace actually is quite hot! ANother awesome part about the room was the balcony. it had 2 chairs and a table, which I enjoyed:) There is also a pool and a hottub. If you have dogs this is also the place for you. They only charge 15 bucks per dog, and they set your room up with a doggie bed, and treats:) There were quite a few happy pet owners there:)
Over all I will always stay here when I go to Cannon, and if you stay in the retreat- room 4201 has fantastic view:)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SUManager, General Manager at Surfsand Resort, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
We’re happy to hear you loved your room and all it’s amenities it has to offer! Glad you enjoyed the movie library we offer! Thank you for spending your anniversary with us!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Jerry W. Martin

Been to Surfsand Resort? Share your experiences!