The Surfsand Resort is absolutely amazing! After traveling 1800 miles over 4 days and seeing beautiful sights (from Phoenix to Cannon Beach), our final destination was Surfsand Resort. We couldn't have picked a better location to end our epic journey at! The beach is breathtaking, and the hotel is so clean and charming. We booked the romance package, and while it was a little pricier than it should have been, it was still great (for almost $200, I wish we could've at least kept the robes!). With the package, we had rose petals on the bed, a bath bomb, candle & beach glass & shells by the soaking tub, delicious champagne & chocolate covered strawberries. It was so nice to arrive and have chilled champagne to sip on. We spent 2 nights, and we are already planning another cross country trip that will end in Cannon Beach. This time, we plan to stay 4 nights. The staff was so friendly and knowledgeable. We purchased a bonfire on our last night, and had a very nice time. The s'mores package had way too much in it for just 2 people, but it was a fun experience.
The room was perfect. We stayed in a Beachfront Suite. I loved the separation of the bedroom & living room. We had a fire going at almost all times in the living room. The tub was amazing! We couldn't get the tv to work in the bathroom, but really, who needs that anyway??? The only issue I had was the bed. I have back issues, and I couldn't get comfortable in the bed. This is not to say that the bed wasn't great...my husband absolutely LOVED it, and I'm sure I would've as well had I not been experiencing back pain. It's a tempur-pedic, so you sink into the mattress. I need to toss & turn at night, and it took too much energy to lift myself up and roll over. The balcony was nice, but it was too cold for us to sit out and really enjoy it (we live in Tampa, not used to 60 degree temps!).
The town is also very charming. There's plenty of places to eat, we did try out the Wayfarer Restaurant on property, but probably won't go back again. There's too many other places to try out.
One weird thing we noticed, the beach had an awful lot of dead birds on it. We mentioned it to the man that set up our bonfire, and he seemed mystified as to why there were so many dead birds. We speculated that they might've been diving & hit some rocks, but it was strange that the local didn't have an explanation & seemed surprised by it himself.
All in all, this was the best trip we've ever taken, and the highlight was this amazing resort. Can't wait to go back!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The oceanfront Surfsand Resort is steps from Haystack Rock and features stylish, contemporary guest rooms with a serene and tranquil vibe. iPod docs, deep soaking tubs, a fitness center, indoor swimming pool, kids crafts and seasonal cabana service are just a few of the fun extras that you'll find at the resort. Located just 70 miles due west of Portland, this full-service resort welcomes guests with warmth and hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Surfsand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfsand Resort Cannon Beach
- Surfsand Hotel Cannon Beach