“what a total rip off never stay here” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
$84 (USD)
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Kildare , ireland
“what a total rip off never stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

we arrived in Cannon Beach with nowhere to stay around 6pm on a saturday evening. the only place we could find was in the hallmark, the check in staff were rude and very unhelpful. the room itself was actually around 7 blocks away from the hotel with a view of the road. the room smelled of smoke, the bath was dirty and there were black hairs on the bed sheets.my husband and i were so dissappointedconsidering Cannon Beach is such a lovely town this really ruined our memory of it. i metioned all this to the staff at checkout the next morning and they couldnt have been less helpfull. i really feel we were totally ripped off paying 125.00 inc tax for the one night. this was the only time in a two week road trip from LA ot Seattle that we felt this stongly about accomodation. all we can do now is to make sure no one else gets done the way we did so be ware and do not stay here

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

We booked at this hotel b/c of the view. We read that it was second to none. In my opinion all views on Cannon Beach are second to none. It is a stunning destination that I recomend to anyone who likes what I call angry water. Ive stayed in Best Westerns cleaner and fresher than this hole. Trust me, dont book here. There is a gym but unless you like to inhale mold when you workout just walk the very long beach. Indoor pool was ok. Everything here is just done so cheaply I really would just advise that you book somewhere cleaner. The wifi is a myth. Does not work and didnot work the entire 5 day stay. They promised to send somebody to fix this issue but noone did even after we lost our temper.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

Check in "begins" at 4 meaning it might not be until the next day that your room is available, then when you can check in expect to get snippy and snotty attitude from one of the managers and when you finally do get to your dark extremely outdated room do NOT expect it to be clean, and if you want it clean either bring your cleaning supplies with you or expect to call in at least 10 times for some half a** job hours later. I would have had better accommodations sleeping in my car. But it doesn't end their, at check out you will be treated like an idiot and dismissed when you inform them again about your dirty room and the rude attitude from the manager lady the night before, you'll just get a "well you should have called someone and we could have helped you with that!" Uhhhhh you don't think I tried? I requested to speak with another manager and all I got was her eyes rolling and a very VERY dismissive reply. I have never been anywhere with such horrible service. STAY FAR AWAY!!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We have stayed at the Hallmark resort several times in Cannon Beach. You can't beat the view but they REALLY need to do some updating with that $275 a night they make off all the rooms. This year we also stayed at the Hallmark in Newport and WOW!!!! That place is AWESOME. HUGE rooms, very clean and $100 less per night than the Hallmark in Cannon Beach. It seems like we should of been paying the $275 a night for the one in Newport and the $175 a night for the one in Cannon Beach. Its backwards. Anyway, the rooms are really small, especially compared to the one in Newport, not real clean and like I said, they REALLY need updating. Most of the outside carpets are worn through to wood. The entire room needs a facelift. I also had to kill a HUGE spider that I saw walking up the wall one evening. I swear it was the size of a tarantula(maybe not quite) but, it was the biggest spider I've ever seen. I know its "Cannon Beach" but I dont know if we'll stay here again.

Oakland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

This is my second stay at Hallmark @ Cannon beach. The hotel staff is friendly, and helpful. Both times I have been greeted with a clean room, firm beds to sleep on, and spotless baths. (This hotel does the basics very well… my previous experience was a knothole room under the stairs in a building facing the street. It was just as clean & neat as the high dollar view room)
This time I brought along friends and we sprung for the ocean view of Haystack Rock just outside the hotel. The view is what allows them to charge what they do. It was just short of fantastic. We had a balcony room on the first floor. Ample room to spread out, and enjoy the view.
Minor negatives: Our room had no air-conditioning. The hot summer day had us wishing for the AC until the sun sunk into the Pacific. After that, the cold Pacific waters cooled everything off and almost made us light the fireplace logs.
The interior of our room was stuck in the mid 80’s. Not bad or worn, but just a little out of date. Sound proofing is a problem. Rent the top floor room to keep your neighbors heard of elephants from waking you at 0730...
If you reserve a room well in advance, you will be charged for it the day you make the reservation; something to keep in mind when making reservations. Other hotels on this trip were booked at the same time (three months in advance) did not charge in advance and gave us the same 48 hour re-schedule / cancel opportunity. (Something to think about in this down economy)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

So-so rooms where 'some' windows are clean and you pay for it too. Request cleaning if you like but don't expect it to happen. Bring your own window cleaner & squeegee. The same goes for the deck chairs. Oh you mean you shouldn't expect clean windows or chairs at $200+ per night? Oops.
Oh did you want to 'choose' your room in advance? You might get a general area, but that ocean 'view' just might come with your fellow travelers parking below your room which equals noise. Staff...I can't hear you over the noise...do you have a complaint? Here put it here with all the rest in the 'round file' and we'll get back to you...ha, ha, ha and have a nice day.
Weather was ok, rainy on one day so we were glad to have cleaned the windows which nearly doubled our view. Hotel probably would have charged us more if they knew.
They have such a great location, but such average service and apathetic or empathetic staff it makes you wonder why people would stay here at these prices.

Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Just came back from a 3 day stay @ the Hallmark Square, stayed in unit 155. Upon entering there's a tear on the carpet right by the door, a tripping hazard. The window blinds are also falling apart. The vanity top in the bathroom has a big chip, the shower has a brown stain and the grout looks moldy. The dishwasher left a big puddle on the kitchen floor every time it was used, I was told that you have to "load it right" to prevent the puddle. Most concerning of all is the old , rusting fridge with moldy looking stuff. I took pictures of all my concerns and requested to meet with the resort manager but I was told that he was in a meeting so I talked with the front office manager instead. The room is definitely not worth the $159.00 + tax per night .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach? Share your experiences!