“Beautiful view!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach to your Saves list
Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   1400 S. Hemlock Street, Cannon Beach, OR 97110   |
Announcement
Closest to Haystack Rock!
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orange, Texas
“Beautiful view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We only stayed 1 night at the Hallmark, but enjoyed it very much. Our room was fabulous! A fireplace, balcony overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Haystack Rock, and a jacuzzi tub. Firewood provided for a campfire on the beach, along with chairs. Refrigerator and coffee maker. Within walking distance to a nice restaurant. Hot, baked chocolate chip cookies on check-in. Hotel staff at check-in could have been a little more attentive, but I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear jshw,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm delighted you enjoyed your visit and the fresh-baked cookies at check in. If you have a moment, I would appreciate hearing more detail about your check in experience so we can improve. If you have the time, please contact me at Kirby@hallmarkinns.com and let me know what we could have done better. Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort & Spa. I know we are a ways from Texas, but we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the Northwest.
Kirby Blankenship

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

As an avid TripAdvisor reader (and reviewer), I was a little worried about coming to this place after reading all the recent poor reviews. This was our 1st time, and the only place we could find that would accommodate our family of 5. I am SO glad in this case I did not let those reviews influence my decision to stay here!

We stayed in a 4b/2b place with beach front access and views. Ample room for us and our kids and it was really an incredible 3 days. The cottage was full of character (it's definitely older, but well kept), and we loved eating out on the large deck with the waves crashing in the foreground!

The staff when we checked in (lady was in training) was extremely friendly. Our original room had some water issues, and they proactively moved us (upgraded) to another place. We can't wait to come back and visit again!

Make sure you read through several reviews (not just the negative ones) before deciding (not) to stay here.

A couple things I might recommend:
- go through the deck again with a hammer to sink in all nails. Lots of little ones in bare feet.
- finding a place to charge phones, etc in the rooms was a little challenging.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear drhon,
Thank you for reading several of our reviews rather than only the few negative ones. We strive to make every guests' visit a memorable one and we recently were awarded Tripadvisor's "Certificate of Excellence" for being in the top 10% of all businesses. Thank you for the heads up on the deck nails. I will have that taken care of immediately. We appreciate your business and your candid review.
Cumming, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms and great location.. Enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back here. Nice relaxing time. On Sunday evenings they offer a campfire on the beach with s'mores. Nice touch!!! The front staff was most friendly. The property has lots of stairs to climb and do offer an elevator from the main lobby. Right on Cannon Beach however lots of stairs to get to the beach and pretty steep. Overall a great place to stay

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Greg521,
I'm delighted you enjoyed our clean rooms and location. As the closest resort to Haystack Rock, the views are amazing. We do sit on a 60 foot bluff. A down side are the steps to the beach, but with the extra height, the sunsets from any of our guestrooms are spectacular. Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort & Spa and while we are a ways from Georgia, we look forward to seeing you again.
Milwaukie, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We decided to visit some friends who have a house in Cannon Beach over the 4th of July. They already had a house full of guests so we decided to look for a hotel room for the nights of the 3rd and 4th of July. We were surprised to find many vacancies and also surprised of the expensive costs for the rooms available. Because we knew that we would not be spending a lot of time in our room we were not so concerned about having an ocean view room but we also wanted a comfortable relaxing room. We were not disappointed with our choice of reserving a room at the Hallmark Resort at Cannon Beach. We stayed in a "peek view" room with a queen bed. Although the room size was small it was very comfortable. Our "peek view" consisted of a small window facing the ocean with a medium window beside it that faced the walkway down to the beach. There was a small table with two chairs next to these windows that provided room for one person to enjoy the view. The was also another window near the bed that provided a needed cross breeze to the room. The room itself was very clean and the bed/bedding was very comfortable. Lots of extra pillows and an extra blanket were also available. We enjoyed two peaceful nights rest with the exception of an occasional loud visitor going by our room and then down through the walkway to the beach. This would be the only drawback of having a "peek view" room. We were able to check in before the regular check in time and we were able to do so because of a phone call from hotel staff advising us that our room was ready. After checking in to our room, we were also contacted by hotel staff to check on our accommodations and to see if anything else was needed for our stay. This was totally unexpected but appreciated. The rest of the facilities were very well maintained and the view of Haystack Rock was exceptional. The parking lot is small and therefore can be a little tricky at times. We would definitely stay again and would highly recommend it to others .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Patty C,
I'm glad we were able to accommodate you over the 4th of July. We offer a variety of room styles and it sounds like the peek view queen was just what you were looking for. All our oceanfront buildings were renovated this year and I'm delighted you like the new décor. Thank you for choosing the Hallmark Resort & Spa and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Cannon Beach.
Woodinville, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The location and proximity to haystack is the only plus. I booked 2 nights for a non-pet room but ended up in pet room. Also, the sheets were not replaced from previous. Even during our stay we had to call and ask for room service. Also, for $200 did not even get complimentary coffee let alone breakfast. You are better off finding something better in seaside and drive down to the beach, there is plenty of public parking around haystack and south cannon beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear vaitheeswaran b,
I'm terribly sorry you did not feel your room was not worth the money and I must say I am a bit confused. All our guestrooms are completely cleaned and inspected prior to any guests arrival. We also offer complementary coffee and coffeemakers in all our guestrooms. There is fresh coffee available 24/7 in our lower lobby along with hot chocolate, hot cider and tea. We also offer 24 hour customer service so if you have a request in the future, please call the front desk and we will take care of you right away.
Killeen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed At Hallmark Inn June 2013 for a business meeting. Our room was #230, Queen Oceanfront View and it was totally awesome! The only time we closed the patio door was when we left the room! Hearing the ocean and the seagulls was so relaxing, especially with business on my mind! The room itself was small, but furnished comfortably and with very nice taste. The bathroom, although small, had very nice updated tile in the shower and clean linens. The bathroom vanity offered extra storage with a cabinet and drawers much like in an Residence Inn hotel. Our refrigerator was in the entry way and we also had a microwave in our room. The fireplace was nice, even though we only used it once for 15 min becuase it was really too warm to use it. But it was great that it offered timers so you could set it up to fall asleep to and not worry about leaving it on all night. The coffee maker did leak and I heard that complaint from some of my associates as well. But it was nice to brew our own coffee that we had instead of those typical hotel pre packs that never brew strong enough. The closet was pretty small, but we were able to fit both of our rolling bags in it and put clothes in drawers and hanging to keep the small room comfortable. Overall, I thought it was updated nicely for an older hotel and our view was so great, with not having tons of time to hike around, we loved that we could see the beach and Haystack Rock all the time without bearing the cold mornings and wet feet! We also had a good location to the laundry when we did get drenched at Hug Point. I only wish we had more time to enjoy the spa on location! Our only criticism was the maid servie was sketchy, we made our own bed since service was alwasy very late and seemed to only change towels. Everyone we encountered working at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. Melissa, the woman who sets up meetings was fantastic and very accomodating for groups. Our group had a great time with a bonfire on the beach!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear cubgirl65,
I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and room 230. Thank you for letting us know there may be a problem with the coffeemaker. We will make sure it gets replaced. Thanks for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I am currently staying at the Hallmark inn Cannon Beach, the resort has a great location! But as for everything else it is complete garbage! When we checked in to our room, we found out really fast that there is no aircon in their rooms. It is summer right now and it is very hot !!! We are staying at their Hallmark Suites and we are located near their swimming pool. So as soon as we walk in. To our room it smells like chlorine! And when I leave the bathroom door open it smells like poop! In their website it says that they have newly renovated! But I really don't see anything thats been done specially in this room! Their staff is non-existent! I called to complain about out refridgerator because it is warm and the freezer cant freeze anything front dest says they will send someone. And no one came!!!! Then later at night I called and asked to have beach blankets delivered in our room first thing in the morning and a front desk staff by the name of Kathy sounded very irritated by my request and went on ranting about how she hates it that the other staff never replenishes her paper and pens and cant write my request down because she has no pen or paper. But she said she'll put a note somewhere... So morning comes and no beach blankets so I called at 9am and asked for then and front desk said well no one relayed the message. So I kindly asked her to have them sent to the room. She said she will. 9:45 rolls around and still no beach blankets. So I call again. Another front desk staff says she will get someone to bring it over... I waited for another 20mins when I finally got fed up and picked it up myself. When I finally walked a block and up a very steep parking lot to get to the lobby to pick up my beach blanket, there was no apology whatsoever gave me my blankets and said well housekeeping is in a meeting. So the whole housekeeping team was in a meeting from 8am til 10:15am????? This is the worst customer service ever!!! Totally not worth the money that I paid for! I will never stay here again!!! Staff needs an overhaul!!! I can't wait to leave this resort first this tomorrow morning!!! Horrible customer service!!!

• Stayed June 2013
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Leahalim,
I'm terribly sorry we did not get you beach blankets in a timely manner. It seems like we dropped the ball many times. It seems that at times the harder you try to recover from a service slip, the worse it becomes. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration.

I'm also sorry your room was hot. The average summer temperature is about 64 degrees so most hotels in Cannon Beach do not have air conditioning. Hopefully the fans in your room gave a bit of relief. Leahalim, I am sorry we let you down and I hope you will give us another chance.
Kirby Blankenship

Been to Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach? Share your experiences!