“The perfect end to our week long vacation” 5 of 5 stars

50% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Monument, Colorado
“The perfect end to our week long vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We fell in love with Cannon Beach and the Hallmork Resort. Our oceanfront room was beautiful and so comfortable with a balcony looking over the beach and Haystack Rock. The front desk ( especially Andy) was extremely helpful and attentive to our every need. A short stroll took us to numerous wonderful restaurants in the cute town. We would have explored the town more except we seemed to gravitate to the beach every day.
Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: We stayed in an oceanfront room with a fireplace and beautiful balcony overlooking Haystack Rock...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Hello Shieldsnan,
I agree with you, Andy is a real treasure. It's a pleasure to work with someone who truly enjoys making people happy. The beach here in Cannon Beach is one of the nicest for walking anywhere on the coast so I understand why you always ended up there. Did you notice how the sand "sings" when you walk on it? I've never experienced that anywhere else.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will make Hallmark your tradition when you visit Oregon again.
Kirby Blankenship

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I stayed at the Hallmark Resort for the first time this month- this was the first time that I hated to check out, it was that nice.

Excellent customer service- they really pay attention & listen to you & step up to do what's needed without being asked.

It was sooooo peaceful, quiet & missing the chain hotel drama & attitude that made it so laid back.

The architecture & layout of the property completely meld with the nature setting that it sits in-partly on the beach & partly on the surrounding woods/hills.

It has a surprising choice of rates & accomodations to fit any mood or wallet :)

I highly recommend this "piece of paradise!"

Roberta S./ PDX, OR

Room Tip: take the online virtual tour
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
HallmarkResorts, Owner at Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Dear RobertaS,
Thanks for your positive feedback! All of us at the Hallmark Resort strive to provide the finest customer service in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere and it's inspiring to hear you appreciate it. I've passed your comments along to all the staff and now that you have discovered us, we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Take Care,
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Our family has stayed many times over the last 9 nine years at the Hallmark Cannon Beach. My husband and I have also stayed as a couple. We have enjoyed many different room styles. We have made reservations using the online system and also by calling the front desk in person. Our requests have always been honored and our reservation is always perfect! Some times we are lucky to check in early as well. The indoor pool/hot tub is awesome! The resort has pet rooms as well if you are interested and for those who have allergies like myself, I simply request a non-pet room and state I have allergies. Our room is always clean! We love the fireplace and nothing compares to the view you receive here.

I have read many reviews on this site which is why I wanted to add my own. We have been at this hotel in August, November, and February. Each time of the year is unique and wonderful in its own way. During the summer having fires on the beach is really fun with the marshmellow roasting. November we have been early in the month and around Thanksgiving. So fun during the holidays with the town decorations. February you enjoy really awesome storms and crazy waves rolling in. My kids love Cannon Beach. After moving to the west coast years ago from the east coast, we found this place to stay, and will always return. We are too busy making memories and having fun than looking at outdoor carpet and decor. The rooms are very nice and have everything that we need.

The front desk has always been courteous and efficient, especially Richard, who has helped us many times over. Housekeeping has always exceeded our expectations too. We look forward to visiting again this November! Counting the days down in fact...

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are awesome! When staying as a family we try and reserve the NW View Room which ha...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
HI LoriMke4,
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences at the Hallmark Resort, Cannon Beach. We are proud you have made the Hallmark a tradition for your family. I agree with the fact that Cannon Beach has many faces and the beach changes almost daily. I never get tired of looking out my office window!
The holidays are a special time with all the shops, galleries and hotels decorated for the occasion and the winter storms can be incredible to watch from the comfort of your room.
You will also be happy to hear we are planning some major renovations for 2012. Thank you for making your memories with us and we hope to see you again very soon.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed at the Hallmark Inn in Cannon Beach Oct 8-10 2011. I booked an Oceanfront King Spa room for a romantic weekend. When we arrived there was confusion at check in and I was given the key for a different room. I opened the door expecting a full oceanfront spa room with a king bed and was greeted with a musty, tiny, dark panelled room with little to no view. I marched back to the front desk immediately-let me put it this way-if this my room for the night, I would have slept in my car and returned home. The room was gross.

Luckily, it was a mix up and our real room was great. The ocean view was amazing, the balcony was great, the bed was super comfy, the spa tub was great, the shower was updated and luxurious. Yes, the property is a little dated, the carpet indoors and out is tired and in need of replacement, some of the furnishings are tired (bed tables, etc.) but otherwise it was great. The view of haystack rock was beautiful as well.

On the whole, I would absolutely go back, but only with this in mind:

1. Be careful what room you book. They are not all equal. I learned first hand that they have rooms I absolutely would not spend a night in. (Musty, dark, drab, gross).

2. If you want quiet, book the top floor. Our second morning we were awakened by a family overhead stomping around at 6am. The walls/ceilings are thin!

3. Housekeeping did not clean the spa tub during our stay. It was clean when we arrived, but not during our stay. Made me think a little about the quality of cleanliness and hygiene at this property.

Room Tip: Book the top floor! Be VERY careful at booking which type of room you are getting! Some are great, s...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
HallmarkResorts, General Manager at Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Hello Laurel S,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay in Cannon Beach. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and I"m sorry there was confusion with your check-in. I would appreciate it if you would let me know what room you were originally given. We do offer a huge variety of guestrooms at a variety of price points, but none should smell musty and we do not have paneling in any room styles.

As the closest resort to Haystack Rock, the views are amazing and in the fall, the sunsets can be breathtaking. I"m glad you enjoyed them.

You will be happy to know we are planning some major rennovations this winter/spring so when you return next fall, the resort will have a fresh new look. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

In August I had a need for an emergency Cannon Beach escape! I headed over from Salem expecting to stay the day, have a nice late lunch and head home. But the sun was so nice, and there was a play I wanted to see and I ended up wanting to stay the night. I had been to the Hallmark before on business and knew it was a great place, so that's where I headed. The front desk people couldn't have been nicer! Even without reservations they found me a great room and gave me a little discount for being a return customer. The room was clean, had a nice ocean view and a gas fireplace. Heaven! I will stay there any time I'm in Cannon Beach!

Room Tip: It's worth it to get a room overlooking the beach.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Dear GW,
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Hallmark Resort in August. Thank you for your kind comments about the staff. We all strive to provide the best in friendly, professional service and I've passed your comments on to the front desk and housekeeping teams.

I also want to thank you for making the Hallmark Resort your home-away-from-home when you come to Cannon Beach. We appreciate your business and we look forward to having you return.
Take Care,
Langley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

We took a chance on a last minute stay at Hallmark and were pleasantly surprised. They were having a special, so we got oceanfront, fireplace rooms that were very comfortable and clean. A morning fire, and walk on the beach made for a delightful ending to an Oregon Coast trip. Hallmark will be our destination next time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

GF and i stayed 1 night at the Hallmark in early October. We did not have reservations and just pulled up to the office. Andy at the front desk was friendly and accommodating with showing us rooms and explaining the rates. We chose the ocean front king room at a great rate! the view was specular and breathtaking.

the common areas of the building were a little worn, mainly the carpets and hallways, but i still had a great time for what we paid. Internet and parking are included in the rate.

I would stay again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
HomerJ, thanks for reviewing the Hallmark Resort on TripAdvisor. We appreciate everyone's comments, and take seasoned reviewers, like you, very seriously. All of us are passionate about customer service and Andy is exceptional at making people happy. Thanks for noticing and I've shared your comments with him.
I agree that some of our common areas are in need of refurbishment and I'm excited to tell you we are planning some major improvements to the exterior and walkway areas as well as the guestrooms. I believe you will be pleasantly surprised when you visit us next year.
Thank you for your being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again.
Kirby Blankenship

Been to Hallmark Resort Cannon Beach? Share your experiences!