“Great room, great location, dog friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Land's End at Cannon Beach

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cannon Beach
Land's End at Cannon Beach
263 W Second Street, Cannon Beach, OR 97110   |
Ranked #9 of 13 hotels in Cannon Beach
Portland, OR
“Great room, great location, dog friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed in early May in a studio suite. It was a perfect room with fireplace, microwave, fridge, dishes, seating area and a nice balcony. It was a partial ocean view but that doesn't really do it justice. I could see a great deal of the ocean as well as people watch as people came to and from the beach. I did not find it loud or annoying that a popular beach access was right there. The room was clean and very tastefully decorated. You can get a DVD in the lobby for free, it's on the honor system. The staff is friendly. Yes, it's dog friendly! My dog had a great time. They give you a blanket and towel for your pooch. The location is great; walking distance to everything. I will stay again.

Room Tip: I was in a studio suite 31. Perfect for a single traveller or a couple.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Love this place. I come every couple of months to recharge. Always great service and never any issues. Dog friendly, great prices, clean rooms. Brett and Sue are personable. The location can't be beat. Most rooms have great views

Room Tip: top floor rooms are the quietest
Rainier, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Everything is withing walking distance. My car sits until checkout time.The service is always friendly & the rooms clean & comfortable. Myself & my friends have been staying at Land's End for years and have never been disappointed. It's a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Room #17 is on the lower floor and is easy to get to and has a wonderful view of the ocean.
Chicago,IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Looking for a hotel on Cannon beach was a challenge for us because of our budget. Thanks, tripadvisor contributors, for suggesting this great place! I frown at the work "motel", I like comfort and cleanliness. This was everything I wanted and more! We had an ocenview one bedroom. The bed and the pull-out couch were comfy with clean sheets. There was a fireplace in the room, which we used, cause it was pretty chilly in the evening. We walked everywhere in town, and later enjoyed sitting by our huge windows looking at the sun go down over the ocean. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!
There is a hot tub which we didn't use... not sure what I think about it.

Room Tip: get a ocean-view room (amazing!)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Washougal, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I took this little trip to celebrate our puppies 1st birthday and also as a babymoon, since I am 6 months pregnant. We stayed in room #22. Perfect little room with beautiful view of the ocean. I loved that as soon as we checked in we got a bed for our dog, a towel for her and also a nice big bone! She was in heaven! I also loved the little area with the refrigrator and microwave. We were able to make almost all of our meals there and it saved a lot of money. I was a little dissapointed to see that the fireplace in the room wasn't working. :( Especially celebrating our Babymoon I wanted it to be extra romantic and I was really looking forward to a fire, but when I spoke with the man at the front desk he told me that it wouldn't be fixed any time soon. He was very nice and I understood that sometimes things happen, just bummed me out. He said that if they weren't fully booked he would have moved us to another room, which I thought was nice to know they would have done that. :( Next time we stay we for sure would like to stay in one of the oceanfront rooms those looked really nice. The oceanfront terrace was perfect on Saturday cause it was pretty windy they have BBQ too if you wanted to grill your own food. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice and clean, as well as the room. The best part was being so close to the beach and also the cute little town. You are just a stroll away from your toes in the sand or your feet in the door of a cute shop. Location was amazing!!! Can't wait to come back again with our daughter that is due in August and our amazing puppy that might have had more fun then we did!! LOL :)

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are probably quieter because they aren't right along side the street where you...
Green Features: I liked that there wasn't a daily maid service, we didn't have to put a sign on the door saying OR worry about coming back from the beach and having someone cleaning our room. If we needed new towels, put them by our door and they would bring fresh clean ones.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Great little place if you don't mind being in the busiest beach access point in town. We stayed in one of the lower rooms for our first night and there is a lot of traffic noise (people, cars and dogs) to deal with at that level. We changed to room 25 forthe ssecond night and it was much better. In fact, if you like people watching, it's ideal as you'll see everyone coming and going from this part of the beach. Great private deck for hotel guests overlooking the beach. Rooms were dated but extremely clean and we'll kept. Access to restaurants and shopping doesn't get much better and we walked almost everywhere. Friendly management was very accommodating and pleasant. Overall a good experience that we would recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
roseburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

After trying to make some last minute reservations close to spring break we ended up choosing Lands End because they miraculously still had an ocean front & I liked the idea of being in walking distance of shopping/ restaurants. To be honest when we first pulled up I was a little sad that I hadn't chosen a bigger more resort like hotel. Needless to say those feelings disappeared after checking into our room, every person that we met during our stay was so helpful & friendly, the room was so beautiful & no view of Haystack Rock from here but I thought this beach view was so perfect! We have an 8 & 6 year old & being able to leave the room and easily walk everywhere made our vacation! Haystack Rock is a stunning stroll down the huge beach, and Sunset magazine definitely voted this most dog friendly town for a reason! I'm not sure who had more fun, us, our dog, or the kids but this town & Lands End was the right choice for us. Dog or no dog this place has no pet odor or anything that would even indicate that animals have ever been here which is wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Land's End at Cannon Beach? Share your experiences!