“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Seattle, Washington
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Food was excellent as was the waitstaff. Lobster ravioli was a wonder start, the salmon and halibut done perfectly. It was our 30th anniversary and it couldn't have been more perfect. Thank you John and Wendy!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Modesto
“Hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Charming historic house, intimate dining. A bit slow on the service. Lobster ravioli was excellent, albeit only 2 pieces on the appetizer. Highly recommend the grilled romaine salad, fantastic! BUT.... our entree was awful. Not just so-so. Really not very good. Hubby ordered chicken piccata to split with me (I really wanted the salmon special....I mean, why order just a chicken when you can have so many other wonderful options???..... But I digress....). The chicken was way over-cooked, tough and dry and no real lemon/butter sauce to speak of. Veggies were OK but sparse (one piece of carrot? Really?). They redeemed themselves on dessert. Bourbon pumpkin cheesecake with some sort of cream sauce. And the coffee was excellent. Our waitress should have steered us away from the chicken as we were open to suggestions. Had the main course not have been so abysmal, I would have given this place 5 stars. But the main course should have been the highlight, not the major disappointment that it was. So, try it, but DO NOT order the chicken!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
LaPorte Indiana
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were looking for a new place to have a nice dinner in Cannon Beach and we read the Yelp reviews. We found it to be every bit as good as reviewed. I had the four course chef dinner: a rich tomato bisque with goat cheese, a peppery arugula and garlic shoot salad and a french inspired duck breast and prawns entree. I shared it with our 10 year old. My wife had the delicious lobster ravioli and loved every minute of it. We shared the traditional creme brulee dessert. It was great but we ought to have been more adventurous and tried one of the infused ones...
The service was great: knowledgeable, friendly and attentive without being over-bearing. This is our new favorite on the coast.

• Visited March 2013
Bellevue, WA
“Good as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've have eaten at Newman's many times and have reviewed it here each time and it's becoming redundant. The food is good and so is the service and it has been each time as it was again this evening.

I had rack of lamb and my wife had her favorite, the lobster ravioli plus a salad that she has always enjoyed. Once again everything was great. This place is certainly one of the best restaurants in Cannon Beach as well as the entire Oregon coast and I've enjoyed a great number of them. Always have had a great meal here and highly recommend it to those who love good food. Looking forward to the next time we have the opportunity to dine here again.

• Visited March 2013
Tacoma
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The looks of the restaurant are deceiving but once inside you'll be pleasantly surprised. The food is delicious! Try the crab cakes they are worth every penny.

Visited March 2013