“Good Food & Friendly Folks (and Gluten Free Burger Buns)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Good Food & Friendly Folks (and Gluten Free Burger Buns)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

I've been coming here for years. There are several places in Cannon Beach to grab a bite to eat, most of them are great, but I still like going to Bill's for a burger and pint. The staff is friendly and work really hard. Every time I've been there I've never seen them stand around... they're always moving, making sure folks are good. The pub itself isn't fancy and the food is typical pub fare (but pretty good). There's two sides to the pub, too... kid-friendly on the left side, bar on the right side. If you're looking for a good burger and a pint, I would recommend this place.

• Visited December 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Redmond, Washington
“Decent pub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Decent pub grub and beer. Nothing out of the ordinary and no big TVs if you want to watch a game. I think they are proud of this, but we really wanted to watch a game that weekend and could not find a bar that has TVS.

Visited July 2014
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Having lived in Cannon Beach for 17 years, I ate a lot of Bill's burgers, so when I came for a visit, it was on my list for lunch. I have to say I was a little disappointed. First of all our drinks, all non-alcoholic were flat. Absolutely no carbonation at all. Next three of us ordered a bill's burger and one ordered an oyster burger. The burgers themselves were good, although lacking in mayo, oh there it is a light smear of mayo under the burger, and the French fries tasted like they were made the day before and refried. Absolutely no taste and were like cardboard. Now I will give Bill's another try because of my history with them, but have to say they better step it up.

• Visited November 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Best fish & chips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

My husband is from England and is very particular about his fish & chips. We had the halibut and it was the best we've ever had. Also the Clam Chowder was excellent!

Visited November 2014
“Pretty decent - yummy beers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2014

First time here. Only brewery in cannon beach so we stopped in. Boyfriend was really pleased with the variety of beers. Pretty friendly staff. Cool patio probably great in warmer weather. Returned the next night for dinner (boyfriends idea as I wasn't as impressed as he was) Place was packed. Good enough service. Didn't drink beers tonight, we both had fish and chips. Just ok. First few were decent, then the last two were soggy and flavorless. My conclusion,decent beer, mediocre food. I've heard good things about the burgers. Probably wouldn't eat here again.