First of all I want to start out by saying that my wife and I have stayed here 4 times within the past 6 months. The location is amazing, the staff are usually friendly (the occasional bad day staff member, who doesn't have that?) and the rooms are kept tidy. Overall it's a good experience. What makes it questionable to return to is the value, and the level of honesty in which the value is portrayed. We just finished a stay during the Christmas weekend, stayed 2
nights. $200 a night. I was informed on the phone that it was their holiday rate,
and that they get packed. Comparatively, from our previous 3 stays, it was a ghost town, we were astonished. They should be slashing rates to be competetive. We should've had that room for MAYBE $130. We paid less during the busy season for the same room. I asked about it, and was informed that my rate could be bumped up $15 each night, then i could get the 3rd night free. We had to be somewhere on Christmas, so 2 nights was max. I did the math, it came out to $133 per night, so just give me the darn room for $133 per night! I originally booked for 1 night and requested a second night after staying a while. Here we are, return customers, its the slow season, increased prices. This seems like a shrewd pricing practice. Nonetheless, if you are traveling to Cannon Beach you will get AMAZING views, and a decent room with ample space and trimmings. I think next time we might try staying in Seaside for $69 per night in a chain hotel, brand new suite, and drive 7-8 minutes to cannon beach and save the Tolovana Inn or other places in the Tolovana Park area for a once per year destination spot.
P.S. I am astonished at the replies on here from the general manager towards other members, accusing people of looking for a deal, lying, mis-truths, not remembering correctly. The arrogance and dismissiveness. Truly not a good practice. Defending your business is one thing, Invalidating every single persons negative experience, unacceptable. This website is to keep consumers informed, not for managers to breeze through to get smoke blown at them with 5 star reviews. I love your facility, but take the advice, paper thin walls from 50 different people.... so blow some insulation in the walls. Don't minimize people's opinion for sharing their experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just south of downtown Cannon Beach, The Tolovana Inn offers breathtaking views of Haystack Rock on the beautiful Oregon Coast. Relax and enjoy the scenery of Cannon Beach or have a fun filled family vacation with comfort and convenience. Tolovana Inn has earned the reputation of being a top choice when it comes to Oregon Coast lodging and is the premier oceanfront resort facility in Cannon Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Tolovana Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tolovana Hotel Cannon Beach
- Tolovana Inn Cannon Beach