“Beautiful property!!” 3 of 5 stars

3400 South Hemlock St., Tolovana Park, Cannon Beach, OR 97145   |
Ranked #13 of 13 hotels in Cannon Beach
“Beautiful property!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for our anniversary. We had originally planned on going to seaside but weather conditions had other plans for us. This place was wonderful actually. The bed was very comfortable. We had a lot of fun in the pool and hot tub. The game room was a really nice touch. I would reccomend this facility to anyone. We hope to be back soon!

• Stayed November 2012

298 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
portland,oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

first off the only good thing i have to say is beautiful ocean front view,, my wife, 6yr old son and i stayed at one of the oceanfront properties.paper thin walls, heat remains on when shut off..could hear others talking constantly!! best part of all i was told when we first checked in stay 2 nights and the 3rd free.. when we asked about it the lady who checked us in told us oh no its 3 nights then the 4th free.. well tonight my wife looked online and found the special 2 nights get the 3rd free avaliable until feb. of next year!! i have looked at my credit card statements and see that my card has been over charged considerably by the tolovana inn!! i will be contacting my lawyer first thing in the morning!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
TolovanaGM, General Manager at Tolovana Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Unfortunately this guest has misrepresented the events of his stay. The guest checked in November 13th for three nights. He originally was receiving our “3 for 2” offer. His signed folio clearly shows he was to pay the first two nights and receive the 3rd night free. He continued to extend his stay with us an additional 4 nights staying a total of 7 nights. For his seven nights, he was charged only 4 nights (a better offer than the “3 for 2”). He called the Front Desk around mid-night on his 7th night claiming the heater wouldn’t shut-off (we found the heater worked fine). Upon check-out he refused to pay the balance of his stay and requested a supervisor call him. Our Front Desk Manager and myself have tried contacting him several times and he will not return our calls. He only paid for 2 of his seven nights and his credit card declines the balance. Ironic that he accuses the Hotel of theft.

Vancouver, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We came in late. Mo's closes at 8pm. Had to eat a Pub across the street. Food and drinks were good. Hotel has a saltwater, heated pool and hot tub, so bring your swimming gear. View of ocean was great, as you can order an oceanview room instead of oceanfront to save a few dollars. Has a full kitchen, stove, microwave and frig with everything you need if you want to eat in and save money on eating out. Beds very comfortable. Offer DVD rentals for $4. This is our third time hers and like it a lot. One question, when will Mo's construction be done?

• Stayed November 2012
TolovanaGM, General Manager at Tolovana Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Steve G.,

Thank you for the nice comments. We’re glad to see you’re a member of our “Email Discount Club”. The “2 for 1” offer has been very popular. While Mo’s is a separate business, they have indicated they plan to have their remodel completed by February 14th. Of course, this is a great time to come back and celebrate Valentine’s Day and the Holiday Weekend! Also Steve, if you’re not a member of our Frequent Guest Program, please be sure to sign up on your next visit to receive additional discounts! We’ll look forward to seeing you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our family has spent our last few summer vacations here. Very roomy and comfortable. Pet friendly. Staff is very helpful. Right on the beach just south of Haystack. Great part of the beach for walks and kite flying. Only complaint is that if you plan to return each summer, they do not give any kind of priority to returning customers. Reservations are strictly first come, first served so you cannot count on having a room the same week next year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TolovanaGM, General Manager at Tolovana Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Unfortunately this guest has incorrectly stated a policy. We certainly give existing customers the opportunity to book the following year and guarantee their reservations will be confirmed for the dates they select when making their reservation. Guests have the ability to book their reservations a year in advance. The key is to make your reservations early for high occupancy periods like Holidays and the Summer Months. Again, once you book your reservation, we’ll guarantee you’ll have those dates.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was looking forward to the weekend at Tolovana Inn: I'd paid more for a room with a full view of the ocean and happy that it would have a full service kitchen. The view was as good as I'd hoped.

What disappointed me was the housekeeping. For the price of the room, I expected the housekeeping service to be top notch. I'm not extremely messy and I hung up the towels to be used again (there was no option for the sheets - they were not changed during our stay which is fine but it was not an option to have them changed.)There was sand near the doorway which was never swept up during our entire stay. We didn't get a full set of kitchen towels the second day, and the pen which I used to write a note asking that the bathtub drain be fixed disappeared and never showed up again (the bathtub drained very slowly to where I was in water above my ankles after taking a shower - was this not noticed when the tub was cleaned from the previous use or was it cleaned?). The light above the sink was burned out as well as one of the lights in the ceiling. I will say that the drain was fixed to my satisfaction. I did not mention the burned out lights until checkout. There were dogs in quite a few of the surrounding units and I wanted to hear the roar of the ocean without the bark of the dogs.

I expected this to be above the standard hotel scene and certain parts of it were but the overall experience was more average than I'd hoped it would be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
TolovanaGM, General Manager at Tolovana Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
This reviewer enjoyed an oceanfront room with a beautiful view of the ocean and coast line. I was sorry to hear about the comments regarding Housekeeping. We strive to provide “top notch” service in every guest experience. I will say that we provide an option for guests to participate in our “green practices” by hanging towels if they choose to re-use them and placing a special card on the bed if they prefer their sheets not be changed. The card appeared to have been in this unit but it’s possible it was a simple oversight. The kitchen towels are provided as a “bundle” that includes towels and dish cloths. Unless the bundle was unfolded, the guest may not have realized it was a full set. It is possible the room attendant may have inadvertently taken the pen when they picked up the note. This would be a simple issue to solve as we have the pens conveniently located for replacements. Regarding the tub drain, I’m glad to hear the it was fixed timely. The room attendants do not use the same amount of water as one would use when showering so I understand how that might have been missed. We discovered the lights were operating but the location of the switches for the various lights in the unit can at times be confusing. We do have several units which are “pet friendly” and the vast majority of our pet owners have well-mannered dogs under their control. If there are noise issues which are reported, we remedy the situation quickly for the benefit of all.

General Manger
Kennewick, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I really enjoy Cannon Beach it is a wonderful community and there are lots of options for overnight stay. The Tolovana was ok, nice location a bit away from "downtown" but I have stayed a few other places with more satisfaction. It is a studio set up with a full sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher...but for the money the Tolovana fell short for me on this trip. A one night stay was quite expensive compared to other options.

First, our room was by the elevator and it was loud. Could not have the window open in the evening because you could hear very well the elevator and the people using it.
Second, the walls were super thin and I had to turn on the TV at 11pm to counter the shower, the blow dryer and the conversation in the room behind us.
Finally, you are expected to wash your own dishes when done or put them in the dishwasher but the dishwasher was not emptied and it was not until the next day I found things I needed for dinner the night prior.
You are also requested to remove your shoes outside the room...at a beach community!
The bath was a bit on the small side and not impressive.

One the more positive side:
The murphy bed in the living was a nice touch allowing the room to be split up into 2 sleeping areas and both areas had TV's.
The access to the beach was wonderful and the restaurant attached to the complex was very popular.
rooms were spacious in length but with the murphy bed out no room to easily walk by.

I doubt I will return since there are lots of options. It was peak season, but still, I have paid way less for equally suitable accommodations. My sister in law had a much different experience and therefore a better opinion just 2 weeks prior to my visit.

Room Tip: Be sure to stay AWAY from the elevators or stairs!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
TolovanaGM, General Manager at Tolovana Inn, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for the review. I’d like to address a couple of points in this review. We consider our rates to be very competitive. You’ll find accommodations that are both more and less expensive. We know our competition and you won’t find similar accommodations for “way less”. When you consider our oceanfront location and our amenities (indoor pool, spa, sauna, game room, fitness center, on-site masseuse, complimentary wi-fi, spacious suites, etc…) we know we’re a very reasonably priced lodging option in Cannon Beach. As with any lodging facility, rooms near an elevator or ice machine can be noisy at times however, as you’ll read from our other reviews, this item isn’t an issue with our guests. I’m not sure about the noise they refer to from the room behind them but for those who travel, there can be a certain amount of noise associated with rooms in close proximity. The writer notes their stay was in our peak season. It appears housekeeping may not have had an opportunity to get back into the room to empty the dishwasher prior to their arrival. We do ask guests to remove their “beach” shoes due to beach tar that occasionally washes onto the shore and can wreak havoc on carpets. Most guests appreciate the fact that we care to keep the rooms and carpets as clean as possible and we’ve not heard of this issue being voiced as a complaint. This particular unit has two standard size bathrooms. The great thing about the murphy bed is that it easily folds up into the wall to provide plenty of room to move around the suite during the day. Again, we know our rooms are competitively priced and we offer a nice variety to meet all budgets starting at $69/night. We’re also glad to hear the reviewer’s sister-in-law had a nice experience with us!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Great location! Great access to the beach. Friendly staff. The room we had could use a good preventative maintenance scheduling. The beds were a bit hard. There was no on site convenience sundries on site, but had a great pool and spa. A BBQ was on site. The biggest downfall was they charge a rental fee for a DVD, and it is more than $3.00. All in all, it was very a great price for the nice weather we had for the perfect weekend getaway.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Tolovana Inn? Share your experiences!