“Surly waiter needs therapy?” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Austin, TX
“Surly waiter needs therapy?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The food ranged from decent (tuna melt, potato salad) to not very good (French dip: kids said meat was "weird"). It might have been easier to overlook some of the 'weird meatness' of the place had our waiter not seemed to be extremely irritated that people were coming to eat at his restaurant. I mean, the NERVE of people! Coming during lunchtime to a restaurant to order lunch! Harrumph, I say! But seriously, he was bad: hurried, harried, unfriendly, impolite. One of my favorite moments was when he said irritatedly to us and an adjacent table, "I'm going to tell you both the specials right now because I hate repeating myself." That might have been slightly charming had he not been so apparently PO'ed when he said it. It might have been tolerable had he performed his other duties quickly and without actively scowling at us. But if this is his general disposition about waiting tables (which I've done myself, and lemme tell you, you have a better time of it when you're not a surly lunatic), I can't imagine what made him think a service industry job would be a good fit for him. Unless something really horrible happened to him that day, it's baffling why he was working there. It was so bad, in fact, that it was comical - but not so comical that we'll ever go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Tigard
“No service, I guess they really don't care about making money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stopped by for lunch and sat at an outdoor table as the sign stated we should do. The restaurant wasn't that busy and only one other outside table was occupied. We waited for 15 minutes and were never greeted by any wait staff. People that showed up after us and sat inside got service while we patiently waited outside. We decided they weren't interested in our business so we left. Obviously they could care less about being a thriving business and serving customers.

• Visited July 2013
lake oswego
“Casual cafe in Cannon Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband loves this place, I think it is pretty good. The clam chowder is good. He loves the ceasar salad. The atmosphere is very casual. The sandwiches are pretty good though nothing exciting.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Nanaimo
“Yummy lunches!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

It was so great to find a place that had such a good selection for lunch with healthy non deep fried options. We ate there with our two kids and enjoyed it so much we went back again the next day.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Osos, California
“Superb Pancakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This little place has the best German/Swedish pancakes around. Large menu, moderate prices.

Quaint log cabin in the woods atmosphere, beautifully decorated. Service like family, probably the owners much of the time.

• Visited August 2012