“Excellent pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Kelowna, Canada
“Excellent pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We each had a slice (very large) of the vegetarian special of the day. Pizza a'fetta is apparently ranked in the top 50 in the U.S. and I can see why. The crust was excellent, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, the toppings were generous, and it was not the least bit greasy. I would highly recommend it if you want a high quality pizza. The place is small and casual, and there is a courtyard outside.

Visited September 2011

Chicago
“Great little pizza place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

The atmosphere here is your typical, mom & pop pizza place. They have pizza by the slice, which we did since it was only two of us and the smallest pizza looked too large for us to split. The slices we had were very good, definely ranking among the best pizza I've had.

If you ordered a full pizza, there were a couple of very interesting looking options. I wish we would have been able to try some but again, the smallest they offer is probably too large for just two people, unl;ess they are both very hungry.

I would visit again when in Cannon Beach.

• Visited September 2011
Modesto
“Still a great place to go...if only for the memories!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I lived in Cannon Beach in the 1990's and this restaurant was by far the best pizza place I have EVER been to. On nights when the food we were eating didn't turn out well, friends and I would head over for a slice of heaven. I remember visiting again a few years later when my friends and I met up for a reunion and it was still just as I remembered it. In fact, for weeks leading up to my visit (I'm from CA), my mouth was salivating just thinking about that yummy goodness. In 2007 we went again, and still pretty good, although I could tell a change had occurred, wasn't quite the same.

We went last year and I still liked the pizza, but I have to say, I was disappointed. I never thought I would write that about my beloved Pizza a'fetta, but man, I just was. The service was different, the feel/vibe of the employees, the pizza tasted different. Don't get me wrong, it was still good, but not the delicious melt in your mouth kind of pizza I had always remembered and looked forward to.

I still recommend it, but certainly not as wholeheartedly as I used to. Possible change of ownership, not sure, but something has changed. Sorry to say this...I feel almost like a traitor, but that's the truth. Regardless, the pizza is still good, much better than a chain pizza place.

• Visited October 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Waikoloa, Hawaii
“Great Pizza ... as usual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This time we got a couple of slices on the way out of town, today's special was meat combo plus vegies. If you like thin crust pizza, where the crust is a little crispy on the bottom and chewy on sides, and the toppings are spread out enough that you can actually taste them, this is the pizza for you.

We'll be back like.

• Visited September 2011
Tampa
“Favorite pizza anywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stop in here each time we visit Cannon Beach. It's not only the best pizza in town, it's the best pizza I've ever had anywhere. Everything about it is perfect. Love the crust, love the sauce, love the toppings. I always order half pepperoni half olive/artichoke/chicken. We love to bring it back to the lodge and eat on it for a few days. Worth the trip here just for the pizza, but the rest of the town is pretty great too.

• Visited August 2011