“Great value” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Everett, Washington
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is a tourist town so you expect to pay more than you would in your own home town. Saying that we thoroughly enjoyed the dinner we had and the price was comparable to other establishments in the town. Hubby had scallops in a tomato sauce...he had choices as to how they could be cooked....and a salad bar. I had halibut fish and chips but foregoed the salad bar for a cup of clam chowder which was thick and tasty. There is another fish and chips on the menu but not halibut. He had fries with his but I'm trying to avoid so much grease so opted for the garlic mashed potatoes. Glad I did....very good. We both had roasted veggies that were seasoned just right. I could have made a meal on those alone. I couldn't eat all of mine so packed some fish and veggies home. The service was fine, didn't wait for anything. Would recommend this place for dinner. I think they close around 7:30 but could be because it was the middle of Sept. when we were there.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Portland, Oregon
“Okay but don't be in a hurry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We recently stopped at the Local Grill & Scoop, once for ice cream and then the next morning for breakfast. The ice cream is very good and a bargain to boot. Breakfast was also very good, with excellent portions and served up right off the grill. The reason I don't give this a higher rating was the overall service both times. Very slow and disorganized. Maybe the had new people. But to wait 10 minutes for ice cream and 15 minutes before someone waited on us for breakfast. Once we got their attention things moved along. We will go there again but I will take deep breaths before going in.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
La Puente, California
“Waste of too much money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I thought it would be lovely to eat on their sidewalk patio for a nice meal but please people keep walking. Big disapppointment. I got the fish & chips. Skinny fries filled the plate, the coleslaw was flavorless and about 2 tablespoons if even that much and then there was the fish. I could not even finish it. If I picked it up and sqeezed it, I would have a pool of oil on my plate. How long does it take to properly drain deep fried anything before you serve it? I bit into it and oil, gross. I ended up offering it to my husband and he ate it because frankly he would eat anything. Typical male sorry.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Paradise, California
“super soup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The salad bar and butternut soup were outstanding. I showed great restraint by not licking the bowl.

Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“One of my regular stops”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

No visit to Cannon Beach would be complete for me without stopping at the Local Grill & Scoop. If weather permits, I like to go for an early lunch on their small patio just to casually eat and people watch. Note: if you wait until 12, you are unlikely to get an outside table. I also enjoy sitting in the very west end of the restaurant, just outside the restrooms, where there is a small room with about 4 or 5 tables. On a warm day , the breeze is wonderful and not as stuffy as sitting inside the main restaurant. Service is still good and the food, as always, is worth the stop. The menu is predictable for a beach place ... the salad bar is a good value.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere