“A warm and friendly place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of South Coast Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookings
South Coast Inn Bed and Breakfast
516 Redwood Street, Brookings, OR 97415   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Brookings B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“A warm and friendly place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We had a great two night stay. Michael went out of his way to accommodate us and make sure we were comfortable. As 2 couples travelling through Oregon together, we booked the Cottage and wanted the Apartment, but this was not available, so Michael put us firstly in The Rose Room, and then we moved into the Maybeck Room. The Cottage worked perfectly for the four of us to have dinner 'at home' on the deck one night, although the Wi-Fi is tempermental away from the main house, and the Maybeck Room is lovely and large with a balcony garden which I wish I had had time to sit in, it looked so inviting! Michael, Cheryl and Grace are all so friendly, it was nice to feel at home after several bland motels. Breakfast was delicious and set us up for a full day hiking in the area. The Inn is a great place to stay, very quiet at night, and is perfectly located for exploring the Coast.

Room Tip: Maybeck Room was large and comfortable with outside balcony. Rose Room does not have ensuite althou...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

77 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pagosa Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Thanks for the great getaway! We really enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was a major selling point and it exceeded our expectations! It was nice to eat breakfast with different people each morning and have such gracious hosts. The room was charming and cozy...perfect for the Oregon coast. We'll be back if we're in the area and we'll point others in your direction!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Renton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We arrived late and were greeted by "mom". She told us about the place and where to grab a bite to eat. Michael was up and at it first thing in the morning preparing our breakfast. As I entered the kitchen I caught a glimpse of his lovely wife Cheryl on her way out the door for work.. We hope to meet her on our next visit. Since I was the only one up Michael was forced to visit with me. I found he has much in common with my husband and myself. We are both looking forward to staying again. Thanks

Room Tip: We stayed in The Angel Room it was really nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Hosts were super nice! We are a family of 5 and felt incredible welcomed. My daughters had a blast . The breakfast was delicious too. Highly recomended! If you are travelling south oregon coast this place is a perfect stop.

• Stayed November 2012
Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

South Coast Inn Bed and Breakfast is our favorite place to stay. The first time we ever stayed at a bed and breakfast was there, because I lived in the house for a few years as a child and we thought it would be fun to visit. But now after such a nice experience there, we have stayed at several bed & breakfasts elsewhere and found it to be a much more pleasant experience that hotels. The house is a beautiful historic treasure, delightfully decorated, and with wonderful gardens. The innkeepers are great people who make you feel welcome. We love the delicious breakfasts. And with all the guests gathered around the big dining table, chatting about good places to visit and stay, you feel as if you've gone back to a simpler, friendlier time and place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Michael, Cheryl and Mum were fantastic hosts during our stay at the South Coast BNB. We were made to feel very welcome with nice touches such as wine and goodies on our arrival. Michael is very generous with his time and engaged in some stimulating discussion on all sorts of topics which gave us good insights into Oregon and its history. Plus his tip for dinner was spot on. The room, house and gardens are immaculate. A very relaxing and therapeutic place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Where do we start. As we drove into the BandB, there were three deer at the front door. Loved it. Michael, who is the owner,chef,maid,handyman and Gardner had left us a sticky note on the door addressing me by first name that he was doing chores and Call him on the cell. I haven't had that amount of personalization since my days at the Four Seasons. Michael appeared before we could call him and led us to our private cabin on the property. When you stay there, you must stay at the cabin. Your own cabin, patio overlooking beautiful gardens, full kitchen, stocked with fresh ground coffee, great bed/ bathroom and private gate to your car. Grace, his Mom was also there and truly a lovely lady. I believe she is able to have what little control one would have over Michael. His breakfast was fantastic and the main house itself is so inviting and comfortable, out do want to take your shoes coffee and chill. We did not see the other rooms but I am sure they are as comfortable as the rest coffee the house. It is the end of season when we stayed and after running a thousand guests through in three months, one could tell that Michael needed either a long nap or an IV drip of Absolute to get through the rest of the season. If it were me, they would need to have an armed guard to keep me from
going ballistic. I loved him. Great sense of humor and humility. Did not meet his lady, Chery, but that gives me another reason to visit next year. She works at the local prison, so at least she has a place to put Michael after season to recuperate. Next year I will spend more time at the Inn and explore what appears to be quite a lovely town to see and chill.

Room Tip: The private cabin is the best, just don't reserve it when I want it
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to South Coast Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!