“Good food, big portions, reasonable prices” 4 of 5 stars
Review of rancho viejo family restaurant

rancho viejo family restaurant
1025 chetco ave, Brookings, OR 97415
Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 43 Restaurants in Brookings
Loma Linda, California
“Good food, big portions, reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stopped here based on the other TA reviews and we weren't disappointed! The food was good. The service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The portions were huge. The prices were very reasonable considering the size of the portions.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Reno, Nevada
“Above Average Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is the third Mexican restaurant we've tried in the Brookings area and we prefer the food here and by far they have the best salsa - chunky and a bit of a hot after burn but very tasty.

We both got the ground beef super burrito for $9.95 each which seems to be the going price at all Mexican restaurants. What I liked about the burrito was it only came with a layer of beans and ground beef inside versus also being stuffed with rice which I think takes away from the taste of the beef. They served the rice and more beans on the side so I was happy!!

Service was good and the waitress very attentive and checked back with us.

They had a great variety of different dishes on the menu, i.e. a chile relanos burrito which I hadn't seen before. I would eat here again when we are in the Brookings area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Brookings, Oregon
“Mexican Food from Mexico”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The place seemed to be still a bit unfinished but the food and serving size was wonderful. Lunch was a beef burrito with rice and beans for $5. My wife had enchiladas. Great price! Great Food!! Maybe I should have had two lunches. Easy parking right off 101 in Brookings.

Visited July 2013
Brookings, Oregon
“Best in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great Mexican food and great prices. Although I differ on the definition of pico de gallo with the cook -- the dinner was fantastic. Prices reasonable. I will go again when I'm in the area.

Visited June 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

There were many choices for Mexican food in Brookings, so we chose the one that had the most cars in its parking lot, as we hadn't asked around for a recommendation. We were pleased to find that the food was very good. The servers were incredibly nice, though a bit unorganized/forgetful, but that may be due to the remodeling going on. I would recommend the steak fajitas.

• Visited June 2013