“Shocked at the indifference” 1 of 5 stars

Brookings Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1143 Chetco Ave., PO Box 1139, Brookings, OR 97415   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Waldport, Oregon
“Shocked at the indifference”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

We booked the room expecting it to be a Best Western as advertised. It's not. We checked in and found a clean room. But, the quality is not what we expected. The desk is indifferent and did not handle a potentially violent incident with adjacent guests in an effective manner.

Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lodi, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

This hotel was very clean and well located for restaurants. The staff was very friendly. We paid $106 which I consider high for this type of room but considering it was high season on the coast we were not surprised.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2008

Nice folks. Clean rooms.

• Stayed May 2008
redwood city, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2007

This motel is just fine.... not great.... nothing to write home about. But the rooms were clean, it was reasonably quiet, and the people at the front desk were friendly.

The only real problem is, as others had suggested, the wifi didn't work so well... I could see the signal, but it wouldn't connect consistently. So I got out my ethernet cable and plugged it into the wall... fast internet workie. No, it's not perfect to have to go wired, but really... not that big of a deal.

The pool is nice, nice temperature, and we were the only ones in the pool on Thursday and Friday. My daughter LOVED it.

If you want a pool, and want to spend under $100/night, there's no other choice in Brookings, and this place is just fine for me. Don't expect the ritz.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2007

One of the worst hotels we stayed in during our coastal tour of Oregon. Very dated room which did not smell good. Internet connectivity did not work so I had to use the guest computer in the office lounge. Breakfast at the adjacent restaurant was good and a very good value, but not worth the night in the hotel.

• Liked — Breakfast in the restaurant (you get a %10 discount)
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montague, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

We stayed in this motel for four days. It was very close to the beaches and any amenities we needed. Since I had two teenagers with me the pool was fantastic to keep them busy when it was to late to be on the beach. The room was very clean, and was made that way each day we where there. The staff was always helpful with information and us asking for pool towels. I had never stayed here before but we will definately be back!!

• Liked — It was very conveniently located.
  • Disliked — That we couldn't stay longer.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Medford, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

Best Western has an 800 number and I booked the Waterfront Inn in Brookings...literally on the water. Jacuzzi room, oceanview all the goodies. I've stayed there before and loved it. You can open the windows and listen to the surf from any room in the place. However, instead of booking directly (I WILL next time), I booked using the 800 number. I booked a jacuzzi oceanview room and drove to the coast. Upon arriving, the front desk can't find my reservation. The clerk said "Oh you must be booked at the other Best Western in Brookings." It is 5 miles from the coastline on the main highway and how anyone could book an oceanview room from there beats me. They were right. The main office booked the wrong hotel. Upon arrival, having limited mobility, I had booked a handicapped non-smoking jacuzzi room. I opened the door and was knocked down by the stinch of stale smoke. No air conditioning or even a fan in the room. The jacuzzi tub and shower are all part of the main sleeping room. It was muggy, stinky and nasty. Upon contacting the management, they informed me that was the only jacuzzi room on the bottom floor. It was, however right across the parkinglot from the swimming pool which was loud. Eventually I calmed down and tried to make the best of it. I found a wonderful little Mom and Pop coffee shop walking distance and after leaving all the windows open while I was gone to the beach, the temperature was livable upon return. Having the tub and the shower in the same room develops mold and it is not a good idea. I highly recommend the Waterfront Brookings BW, but only as a last resort the one on highway 101. Luckily I was able to enjoy the outdoors and the beach. There also is a new minimall down by the boat dock with wonderful shops and a great espresso shop. Sit inside or walk over and sit overlooking the boats. GREAT vacation spot. Better during the week...not so busy

Stayed May 2007

Been to Brookings Inn? Share your experiences!