“"Awesome!"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Portside Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookings
Portside Suites
You added Portside Suites to your Saves list
16219 Lower Harbor Road, P.O. Box 2187, Brookings, OR 97415   |
“"Awesome!"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I can't even begin to truly give Portside Suites the true 'rating' that it deserves! What I will tell you is that the excellance begins the moment you enter the lobby. What's the difference from other hotels? Well, the staff friendliness is just the beginning. Then there's the rooms. Expertly decorated making one feel welcome. And roomy and super clean! The king size bed was comfortable and the cozy little patio with the wicker furniture was sweet and a fun place to sit back, relax and take in the ocean air. The only thing I can say is that you don't have an ocean view. But all one has to do is drive north or south and you will see a view that is breath taking. We have decided that we will be making a few more trips to the coast just so we can stay at Portside Suites!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reno, Nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Originally planned on staying at the Best Western. Initially, we were disappointed to find it booked after a long day of driving. We turned around not sure where we going to spend the night. Saw The Portside Suites, and pulled in. What a find!

Check in was easy, friendly, and efficient. We stayed in #106, Pelican's Perch, a handicapped room. Upon entry to the room, our disappointed about the Best Western immediately vanished.

The living area, tastefully decorated, was open, good size, with a TV, quick internet service, comfortable couch, chairs, a coffee table, and glass dining table with four chairs.

The bedroom has a TV, vanity, and small sitting area outside with table and chairs. Not much of view, but great for relaxing. The comfy king size bed and quiet AC made for a comfortable nights sleep.

The bathroom is good size easily allowing for wheelchair access with a bench for showering.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and without a doubt will stay again on future trips to Washington.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Recent Motorcycle trip up the Left Coast. Saw signs for 100 miles for the Best Western. At $149 felt like moving on. 1/4 mile down the road is this Gem. Great people, great service. I stay in hotels 100+ nights a year. The rooms are probably better decorated than most peoples homes! It doesn't have the view (you get that all up and down the coast). But the stay will not be my last. This place is perfectly situated for the business or pleasure seeker. Also try the "Nautical" Restaurant just south (like 100 ft south) of the CA Inspection station. A perfect end to a beautiful day.

Office closes at night. Make sure you have Internet Password, etc.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Myrtle Point, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This is my 4th weekly stay at this location this fiscal year. We travel to the area for work and find this location quiet, comfortable and clean. Beds are comfy and the large suites make it great for spending multiple nights and spreading your work out on the large dining table or bar works well. The FREE Internet serivce is strong and fast!

If traveling for work ask for a corporate rate....makes the stay worthwhile. Since we come during the off season we get a decent corporate rate per night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I was one click away from completing my on-line transaction with Best Western Beachfront. Feeling uncomfortable about the taxes and fees not being included........ went to check out Portside Suites. This little place is a gem. Lots of room for 2 even 3 people to stay. Laundry facilities on site, and next door to a little restaurant. (not open on Monday though). Portside Suites were clean, comfortable and reasonably priced with AAA. Although it is in front of a working harbor, at night it is quiet and the view doesn't matter. With some thoughtful landscaping the view could be improved. The receptionist was very professional and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a room with a fireplace on second floor with balcony.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Yachats, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

From the moment we walked into our room I knew that I had found the place to stay in Brookings. Our room was absolutely gorgeous, (we stayed in 103). Linda at the front desk was extremely helpful, and made sure we had a fantastic stay. If you are going to Brookings make sure you stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Brookings, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I just stayed two nights at the Portside Suites and was so delighted. I had done tons of research and it just did not look like there was any place in Brookings that did not have bad or questionable reviews. I am soooooooooooooooo glad I stumbed upon Portside Suites.
The room was beautiful and spotless. The bed was so comfortable I slept better than I have in years.
The staff are amazing, polite and helpful...make you feel right at home.
I am headed back for another stay at Portside Suites in a week or so and this time I'm taking my parents so they can enjoy it too.
Absolutely nothing negative to say about this place.

Room Tip: They are all in a quiet area. I think some have a jacuzzi tub in them. The staff are wonderful and w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Portside Suites? Share your experiences!