“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Portside Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookings
Portside Suites
You added Portside Suites to your Saves list
16219 Lower Harbor Road, P.O. Box 2187, Brookings, OR 97415   |
USA
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I was one click away from completing my on-line transaction with Best Western Beachfront. Feeling uncomfortable about the taxes and fees not being included........ went to check out Portside Suites. This little place is a gem. Lots of room for 2 even 3 people to stay. Laundry facilities on site, and next door to a little restaurant. (not open on Monday though). Portside Suites were clean, comfortable and reasonably priced with AAA. Although it is in front of a working harbor, at night it is quiet and the view doesn't matter. With some thoughtful landscaping the view could be improved. The receptionist was very professional and helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a room with a fireplace on second floor with balcony.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Yachats, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

From the moment we walked into our room I knew that I had found the place to stay in Brookings. Our room was absolutely gorgeous, (we stayed in 103). Linda at the front desk was extremely helpful, and made sure we had a fantastic stay. If you are going to Brookings make sure you stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Brookings, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I just stayed two nights at the Portside Suites and was so delighted. I had done tons of research and it just did not look like there was any place in Brookings that did not have bad or questionable reviews. I am soooooooooooooooo glad I stumbed upon Portside Suites.
The room was beautiful and spotless. The bed was so comfortable I slept better than I have in years.
The staff are amazing, polite and helpful...make you feel right at home.
I am headed back for another stay at Portside Suites in a week or so and this time I'm taking my parents so they can enjoy it too.
Absolutely nothing negative to say about this place.

Room Tip: They are all in a quiet area. I think some have a jacuzzi tub in them. The staff are wonderful and w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stayed here with my husband on our way to Seattle and oh what a delight after the dirty, noise motel we stayed at outside Yosemite. The king size bed was absolutely beautiful and the little apartment was just delightful with everything that you could possibly need. We ate at a little diner along the road that sold fish and chips and clam chowder. I love your clam chowder. We don't have that in Australia. Anyway I am a bit late to put this review on the website, but I just found a biro that I had from the Portside Suites and looked it up for nostalgic reasons.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

Heeding caveats from some previous reviews I was on my toes. The room was beautiful, well thought out for livabality and comfort. Only complaint is the bathroom door. Too bad it couldn't have been a pocket door since it made the bathroom a bit of a "dance". The 2 room suite is very comfortable for 2 people that keep different hours. Also must mention Blue Water Cafe next door. We ate breakfast/lunch there both days and were extremely happy with the service and the food. Very experienced staff willing to give you what YOU want in a very timely fashion. Lots of locals there says a lot about their patronage. It's a pleasure to reward good behavior at both the hotel and the cafe.
idadunno from Medford

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
OREGON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

The room we stayed in was newly remodeled and furnished. I LOVED it. King sized bed was very comfortable and nice sheets. The couch was even really comfortable. It had a hideabed. Very clean. Beautiful bathroom with granite countertops. Very spacious. We were able to stay with AAA rate for 90.90! Loved having the microwave, sink, fridge and toaster to prepare our own meals. Highly recommend it. We had a small view of the ocean which was fine for us. They were very nice to let us check out an hour later. Wish we could have stayed another night.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2008

After staying about 8 months ago i wanted to come visit Brookings again. But i was hesitant about staying because of all the things that were comming agout with the old manager.
When i arrived i noticed all new staff, a new manager and a friendlier atmosphere. I Had a Great stay and i will always come back. =]

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Portside Suites? Share your experiences!