“Good value & location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brookings
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Salem, Oregon
“Good value & location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights as a base camp for Redwoods hiking. We were pleased with the cleanliness,quiet, and comfort of this humble two-story motel tucked into the hillside across from Brookings Harbor. Room rates include secure Wi-Fi and free streaming of Netflix movies/programs. The dining nook is a pleasant place to eat.meals prepared in the well-supplied kitchenette. We shopped for groceries at a large Fred Meyers in town.
It's easy to cross Lower Harbor Rd.for a walk to the lovely ocean beach a block away. Sunsets there are beautiful!

Room Tip: Our room was an end unit farthest away from the road. It seemed more spacious than others we glimpse...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ashland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I called earlier in the week to make reservations for two adults and a child. The very cheerful desk clerk told me we would have room 207 with two beds and a peek at the ocean. After reading Tripadvisor reviews I was enthusiastic about our stay. We got here on the reserved evening at 10 pm. The man at the desk was gruff and gave me room 206. He made sure I had a piece of paper that outlined the rules. I don't look like a partier. I drive a brand new car. I did not arrive after office hours. I don't know why he didn't seem to like me very much. When we got to our room, I was disappointed to see we only had one bed. I could have gone back to desk to ask for another room but it was past 10, we were tired and the man was gruff. So I took the bed, my daughter took the fold out couch which was so lumpy and uncomfortable she slept on the couch folded up and my grandson slept on the reclining chair.
The location is not a pretty location. Later that evening, after we had checked in, there was a very chemical smell in the parking lot - it smelled like paving tar. The smell eventually went away.
The wifi is slow.
The rooms were very clean and the housekeepers accommodating.
It is a good price, but the point of a motel is to rest and recover from traveling. That did not happen, so I have to say it was a very poor value and we will not return.

Room Tip: Verify that you will have two beds in your room. Verify the room number. Call again on the day you w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
deannagr, Front Office Manager at Ocean Suites, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
I am sorry to hear about your recent experience at our motel. We strive to make every stay a pleasant, hassle-free one. It Is our policy to contact guests before moving them if they have requested a specific room or room type. While all staff is expected to provide excellent service, we are human and can, occasionally, misstep. Regarding the WiFi, we did check our connections and found the signal strength throughout the property to be strong.

We hope you will return to Ocean Suites Motel so that we can provide you with the type of courteous, friendly service that our guest have come to expect from us.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This little gem is still one of our favorite places to stay. Someday, we want to live here for at least a month! It is clean, the staff is friendly, the living room and bedroom have televisions (makes for a happy hubby), lots of places to plug in chargers, fully equipped kitchen (in case one would get the urge to cook...with all the great places to eat close by)! They now have NetFlix with two free movies available...VERY happy hubby!! In all, we look forward to our next opportunity to spend time here. Truly a home away from home without breaking the bank!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DFW, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here for only one night but found it a surprisingly good value. Our suite had a complete kitchen with fridge, microwave and full range, plus a separate bedroom and a living room with couch and recliner. We had an ocean view. It was quiet and very clean. The staff was welcoming. All for under $70 including taxes and fees. I highly recommend this for a long or short stay.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Days Creek, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband stayed in this motel for 20 nights total, 2 different 10 night stays. He was working in Brookings. I joined him on the weekends. We were very pleased. Everything was really clean. Having a recliner in the living room was very nice, and made it feel like home instead of being in a motel. The kitchen was set up with everything you need. They even had a roll of tin foil, which I was happy about when I was cooking. The entire staff was so friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. I am sure we will come back and stay for fun instead of business.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Azalea, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We spent 3 nights in this motel last week and were very pleased with our stay. It was very clean and the convenience of having a recliner in the living room and a separate bedroom was just what we needed. The kitchen was set up with everything you need to cook a meal. It is close to the redwoods and very close to a nice beach plus several restaurants. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If you happen to be a smoker there are chairs and an ash tray outside of each room. We can't wait to go back

Room Tip: It is a 2 story motel so if you don't like climbing stairs, ask for a ground level room. Some ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Paradise. Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Nicely remodeled motel. Very comfortable furnishings including a recliner. The full kitchen included everything you would need to prepare meals. The unit we used was set up as a one bedroom apartment providing privacy for each guest. Great for traveling companions. The motel staff was very friendly and very informative on restaurants and things to do in the harbor.

Room Tip: Since the motel is tucked into the hill side, the entire business was nice and quite.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Ocean Suites? Share your experiences!