“Hashbrown disappointment” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
“Hashbrown disappointment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is a great breakfast/lunch stop for both those living in Brookings as well as those just passing through on the 101. I had breakfast there during the week of the 4th of July. They were busy, and the service was great. The food was fresh and well-prepare with the exception of the hashbrowns. On the good side, the potatoes were fresh, not frozen. This would be great if the hashbrowns could be crisped (I'm picky about extra crispy hashbrowns=)...the potatoes were brown but not crispy. My husband thought that it was in part due to the potatoes not being drained enough. I don't know the cause, but if they can get the hashbrowns crispy, I'll change my rating to 5 stars.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lancaster, CA
“Cute little family cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My son and I enjoyed lunch on Saturday 7/6/13. The home-made soups are by far the best around, order a bowl size as if you order the cup you will wish you'd upgraded!

Nice place for a relaxing lunch, family orientated, good value for money.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

When in Brookings this is a great place to stop for breakfast. Great service and food.

The staff was very friendly.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My friend took me here for lunch recently. I didn't even know about this cute little place. Very nice lunch menu. Will definitely be back to try more items on the menu.

Visited April 2013
Brookings, Oregon
“Down home cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is one of our best "finds" yet here in Brookings! The food is wonderful, the atmosphere is friendly and the service is excellent. We usually have breakfast or lunch here and they have just started serving dinner so we'll give that a try next.

Visited June 2013