“A Bite of Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
The Woodlands, Texas
“A Bite of Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This little family owned hole in the wall bakery has the best scones I have ever tasted. The aroma when you open the door will take you back to your grandma's kitchen on baking day and you end up buying more than you planned just because it smells so amazing. It is not a restaurant, just a tiny spot with a table in the hall and mouth watering goodies at extremely reasonable prices. Only open a few days a week around the weekend but they do sell at the seasonal local outdoor market on Wednesday and it is worth the trip just to buy their pastries.

• Visited September 2013

88% Recommend
Stillwater, OK USA
“Excellent pastries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Not a sit down restaurant Has one table in the hallway. Difficult to find but worth it for their sweet and savory pastries. Look for the yellow bakery sign and go inside down the hall. Takes cash only.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Redding, California
“Homemade goodness!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

My sister and I had a girls getaway weekend in Brookings and before we left I made sure to look at Trip Advisor for some of the restaurant's to check out while we were there. I read the reviews for Bakery By The Sea and decided to make that a "must go" before we headed to the beach for the day on the Saturday that we were there. I was really surprised at how small the bakery was and admittedly my sister and I were both a little overwhelmed by all the racks of pastries and numerous goodies. As first time visitors we were a little lost without a menu or list of items available. And when we asked the young lady about items she really didn't provide much help or offer suggestions as to what might be their "best sellers". So my sister and I chose something quickly and it happened to be the ham and cheese croissants. They were fabulous! It was obviously fresh, great flavor, and baked perfectly! I'd like to go back the next time I'm in Brookings and hopefully check out some of their other homemade goodies.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Medford, Oregon
“Man oh man....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

"These are the best croissants I've ever had!" - quote from my fiancee, and I'd have to agree. I've traveled France and Italy and always made the local boulangerie a stop for morning croissant and cappuccino. This place rivals them all. Flaky pastry, lots of butter, with a focus on quality ingredients - the young baker has an obvious passion for his craft. Almond and chocolate croissants are a highlight, the fresh sourdough loaves are hearty with a wonderful tang. The location isn't immediately obvious (see other reviews) but it's well worth hunting down.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oregon
“worth getting up early for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Thank you, Tripadvisor, for alerting us to this tasty gem. It still had both chocolate and ham and cheese croissants at 8:00 which we took for a picnic at Vulcan Lake. They were as good as the other reviewers say. They have Allman brothers coffee which was excellent also. Take out only, standing room only, and it won't hold more than three or four customers, but you can wait in the mall hallway if it's crowded. Service is fast.

• Visited July 2013