“Decent Chinese Food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Decent Chinese Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We tired another Chinese restaurant (Onion Grill) last time we were in Brookings and prefer the food at Dragon Palace.

My husband got the Shrimp Chow Yuk and I got the Kung Pao Deluxe (chicken, shrimp and beef mix). Service was excellent - we had our hot tea within minutes of sitting down. Our food was good and the Kung Pao was just hot and spicy enough and wasn't overpowered with the taste of ginger.

The prices seem to be in line with most Chinese places - hard to find a Chinese dinner under $10 any more but we got two meals out of ours so it ends up being pretty reasonable for us.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Eugene, Oregon
“Excellent Chinese in an Unlikely Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I went to Dragon Palace on a random craving during a recent visit to Brookings. On my arrival the place was dead, but was happily greeted by the server with a menu, I placed a to go order and was offered tea and water while I waited. The wait was maybe 5 minutes. I was extremely surprised by the quality of the food when I sat down to eat. I ordered a combo with Chicken, BBQ Pork, Fried Shrimp, and Pork Fried Rice. I'll rank the chicken as the best, but they were all surprisingly great. It's a shame the locals are not flocking what seems to be a hidden gem. I'll definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
southern oregon
“OK Food, Good, Friendly Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I found the food to be a little bland, but the portions were good. Prices are a little high for Chinese food.

Visited July 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Food to Go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Best chinese take away that we have tried in a long time. However, the portions are so big, I wish we had bought one meal to share between the two of us.

Visited July 2013
Crescent City, California
“Very good Traditional Chinese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

These chefs have regained the fresh Chinese cuisine, that so many of these restaurants have lost. Their Egg Foo Yung and Chow Mein is made the older way with fresh sprouts instead of the easier and cheaper noodles that most restaurants are now using. The soy sauce is a good quality, And they actually still serve fortune cookies, which most of our Chinese restaurants in this area have stopped using.

Visited March 2013