“Our Family Favorite in Brookings” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
Ranked #12 of 44 Restaurants in Brookings
Cuisines: Mexican
Northern Coastal California
“Our Family Favorite in Brookings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Since I decided to make the trek 30 minute trek to Pancho's not once but twice this weekend, I figured it was time to make a review. I have eaten here conservatively 75 times, sometimes with the fam, others for date night with my husband, and some to go. It is rare that I have a problem there, my biggest issue is usually that the place is busy, if you consider that a problem. The menu is diverse, including standard Mexican offerings with soups, seafood dishes, and some American fare like corn dogs and cheeseburgers for picky children or adults for that matter. Their lunch specials are killer, most are $4.95, and are valid even on weekends. They have a happy hour from 3-6 where you can score a margarita for just over $2. Their portions are generous, enough for leftovers, and always taste fresh and hot. My favorite lunch special is two carnitas tacos with rice and beans, dinner is chicken fajitas, and drink is their strawberry margarita. I have celiac disease and have never ever gotten sick from eating here, a thing I cannot say for many places. My husband is a die hard pollo alla crema fan, a chicken dish with onions and mushrooms in a flavorful cream sauce served with rice, beans, and tortillas. We are happy to make the trip from Crescent City just for a lunch or dinner there. The kids beg to go, and my husband and I are happy to have a place where every member of our family can find something they love on the menu.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Yuma, Arizona
“Good Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was right across the street from the hotel so we walked over and were pleasantly surprised. The margaritas were yummy and the food was good.

Visited August 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Great Mexican Food and great service for a fair price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Love the mexican salads and the fish tacos or salads. Definitely a family restaurant with fabulous service. They aim to please. Love the chips and salsa, they make their own salsa and actually sell it to take home and it is the BEST.

Visited August 2013
SO Oregon
“Worst Yet”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Worst yet, we will never return, chips stale, salsa had no flavor and was actually too sweet for me, had there margarita which I think they forgot to add the tequila. I had the Fiesta Tostada with their steak which was a little tough w/ green chilies, lettuce, tomato, cheese & sour cream over a stale tortilla & a I’m not sure the bed of beans were edible. My wife tried the Chef’s Burrito grilled sirloin strips & onions, sour cream & guacamole served in a flour tortilla topped w/ red sauce, cilantro & tomatoes, again tough steak. Neither one of us ate our meal. The service was very unusual for Mexican restaurant. The day we were there, the servers were very quiet and not friendly, extra introverted no personality to say the least. When we asked for something i.e. extra napkins or water it felt like you were putting them out.
I know we will never go back there to eat.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Brookings, Oregon
“Ewwww!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The food was not totally disgusting... it was even edible (in a taco bell kind of way). Service was borderline to poor - kind of like the food. Not quite bad enough to make you walk out, but not good enough to inspire you to visit a second time.

• Visited August 2013