“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Brookings, Oregon
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We go to lunch quite often becaus the food is excellent. We have not found anything we dislike. The owners a great they make your visit enjoyable.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fullerton, California
“Stop by this little gem when travelling 101 through Brookings, Oregon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

WOW! We have gone to a lot of fish and chip joints up and down the coast...these folks have HANDS DOWN the best fish and chips we've had! The staff is friendly and attentive. The building, though old, is a great location for a restaurant. You can see the owners' pride in their place..it is SPOTLESS! We sat inside, still having a little glimpse of the port. Plenty of space outside, though, where the view is much better. We ordered the fish and chips with coleslaw, $11.99 and the shrimp and chips with coleslaw, $11.99. We were not disappointed. 3 larger fish and 6 shrimp and we did not go away hungry. The owner, Cindy, offered us a taste of their famous clam chowder, and I mean it was great! Go down to Lower Harbor road and look for the Sporthaven Marina sign on your right and get ready to eat fish. We'll be back next week, Cindy.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Recommended, but not very good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Clam chowder had no evidence of clams, but plenty of starch, potatoes and bacon. Service was good, but not impressed with the atmosphere or food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Clam chowder!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I ordered the fish & chips because I don't like clam chowder. I dont like clams. The thought of cooked, milky clams just never sounded appealing. I decided to take a small obligatory taste.....wow!!!!!!! I'm finding myself trying to replicate this recipe at home!

I found the service to be excellent, the atmosphere was perfect - it's a marina with marina priced food - not a yacht club with over- priced food!!! I'm disappointed to have not met the infamous Howard though. ;-)

Will I go back? You can't keep me away. And I live in Utah. Excellent.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montrose, Colorado
“Great Chowder”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Great for lunch and early dinner. Beers on tap to go along with that great chowder. 32 ounce cold container if chowder to go for $14. No sales tax in Oregon. Casual surroundings with indoor and outdoor seating overlooking the harbor.

Visited September 2013