“Fabulous, Fun, Friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of By the Sea Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookings
By the Sea Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added By the Sea Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1545 Beach Avenue, Brookings, OR 97415   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Brookings B&B and Inns
Ashland, Oregon
“Fabulous, Fun, Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Every detail in this wonderful B&B has been seen to. The deck to my bedroom overlooked the ocean. There was a table for eating, and comfortable chairs for relaxing on the deck.
The fridge was well stocked with three yogurt choices, juices, and eggs (you can poach them in a microwave), coffee, half and half, jams and jellies. Ample muffins and bagels were on a server in my room, and every morning, a tray of some home-made goodie was outside my door. Carol and Larry could not have been friendlier. I found the decorations lots of fun. Cupids, Marilyn Monroe, mermaids, and in the common room, Larry's working jukebox collection. The place is spotless. There was not so much as a smudge on the jukebox glass. I will be returning, again and again

Room Tip: The Miranda an Cupid rooms face the ocean. The cottage is larger and has full cooking and dining fac...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Redding, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a great place to stay our last two nights of a week long trip. We found this bed and breakfast for a reasonable price and with a great view. We stayed in the room called "The Cottage." The whole time we were in the room we couldn't really relax because we felt we were in an antique store, and surrounded by cherubs. It had an old musty wood smell and I was afraid I might break something the the cherubs would attack. I was very disappointed with the "breakfast." I've had better continental breakfasts at hotels. We only managed to stay one night and I just wanted to leave. When we talked to the owner, who at first seemed very nice, she refused to budge on a money refund of any sort. Not a good way to end a trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Its hard for me to properly put into words the value of this B&B. Let me first start with the obvious… The VIEW! From the minute we turned the corner to enter the house we lost our breath. A beautiful house on what looks like the edge of the world, we happened to arrive at sunset and it was a sight off of a postcard. The big rocks blocking the shine of what could have been the most perfect sunset, while reflecting off the ocean to create a sparkle that could be seen for miles. Then we walked into the house, greeted by Carroll (the owner) she gave us a tour and told us a little background on the home, it was VERY CLEAN (and I am like an inspector when we travel when it comes to cleanliness). The room had everything you would need and it was presented wonderfully. We stayed in the “Miranda” room and it was beautiful.. the sliding glass door opens to a private beach, the fresh beach air and sound of the waves crashing onto shore are enough to put you in a trance, moving on the bed and bedding were extremely comfortable we had an amazing nights sleep. There is a stairwell leading to the private beach that is an absolute must walk with your morning coffee. In the evening I recommend the hot tub and a glass of wine combined with the soundtrack of the ocean, its paradise! Not only will we recommend this to all of our friends, co workers and family…but we will actively be looking for reasons to travel back to Brookings to visit this little gem nestled on the edge of the world.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Burton, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

The view and beach access are wonderful but we did not care for the inside decor. The breakfast consisted of a little basket of muffin/rolls with a refrigerator containing half-empty jars of jelly, butter and cream cheese--this is a bed and BREAKFAST? We never did meet the owners so I guess they were on their own vacation and I hope found a better place to stay than what we had.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
North Port, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Like I said Great View. This place blew my mind the 3 leavel home on a cliff at the beach is a sight to see for this florida boy . My wife loved our cuite room as she called it with all the little angles.The fire place the large paito ,the mist off the water it was graet the owner were just as nice as the view what more can you ask for well look at the phots a must

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

While the rooms and bathrooms are modest, the house has an eccentric charm and the owners are lovely people.

I rated this outstanding for location, location, location. It is truly "By The Sea."

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

My husband and I spent a night at this B&B while traveling down the Oregon coast. This is a beautiful place right on the ocean. There is an expansive deck that looks out over the beach and a set of stairs that takes you right onto the sand. There are beautiful huge rocks on the beach to explore. The rooms are smallish but very comfortable with sliding glass doors that open onto the deck where you can watch the sunset in rocking chairs. There is a common room on the same level. Upstairs is the breakfast area. The owners are very nice people who serve a wonderful breakfast. I would highly recommend this place. It is worth the money even though the town of Brookings leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to By the Sea Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!