“Good road motel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Melbourne
“Good road motel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at the Spindrift in Brookings during our roadtrip from Seattle to San Diego. On check in Michael, the owner was extremely friendly and helpful advising my husband that we could ask him anything anytime and to let him know if there was anything he could do for us. The room was pretty good, spacious, extremely clean with a view of the water. What others have said is true, the view is across a car park and a plot of land but it was still a water view. It is also very cost friendly.

When we pulled up and got out of the car I must have dropped my husbands very expensive prescription sunglasses out of the car. At about 10pm when we were readying to go to bed my husband asked had I seen them and I realised they were not anywhere. Originally we thought I I had dropped them out at a stop an hour prior to Brookings and at 10pm I decided to get in the car to try to find them (in the dark). My husband talked me out of it luckily as it was a stupid idea! I suggested that he ask at reception as maybe they were dropped when we checked in. My husband nearly jumped the counter in glee when Michael handed them over. All up a good value hotel for a stay during a road trip. Thanks Michael!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Oakland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Traveling down Hwy. 101 and scouting properties for relocation. Our 1 night stay turned into 3 nights because of this very clean, friendly, quiet, and beautiful Inn. I found it very refreshing to see a team that works together so well. Michael and Myrtle take great pride in their Inn and went that extra mile to make our stay special. Taking great care to ask how we were doing and if we needed anything on a daily basis. They even provided us with some possible contacts for home rentals in the area. I will make sure to make reservations with them again the next time I am in the area.

Room Tip: My advice is to explain in detail what you are looking for and Michael and Myrtle will accommodate y...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Seguin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Room was immaculate and well furnished, complete with coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave. Ample parking and close to restaurants and shops. Management and staff were friendly and very accommodating. Would definitely stay there again. Thank you Michael and Myrtle! Judy W.

Room Tip: No fitness center or restaurant attached, but we weren't looking for that amenity anyway. Plent...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Dick, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Service at the counter was outstanding. Beds were comfortable, view was awesome. The rooms were very clean. This motel is close to good places to eat. I really enjoyed my stay at this motel and will be coming back again! Thank you Michael and Myrtle for all the great service that you do!

Room Tip: Upstairs has the BEST views!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
South Central Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

The owner checked us in, and I could tell he wanted to make our stay pleasant for everyone. He politely asked how old our children were and also how quiet. He pointed out that the building has wood floors, so jumping on the beds or stomping on the floors would inconvenience other guests. Our 7-year old behaved well, and we stayed on the second floor.

The twin queens were wide enough, although not the most comfortable. Wi-fi reception in the room was good. We appreciated that the room came with a microwave and refrigerator as we got breakfast items down the street at the Fred Meyers supermarket. The room was clean.

The only problem we had occurred because we stayed on one of town's rare hot days. It was in the mid 90s up in Azalea Park, and when we got back to our room we discovered that it was in the mid 80s... and that the room had no air conditioning. The only way to cool the room was to open up the windows and curtains, so we had to give up privacy to get a more comfortable temperature.

I would stay there again. The chances of us running across another 85 degree day along the coast are probably very low.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a great place to stay. We make it a point to stop at this place on the way up to Washington state each year. The Innkeepers, Michael and Myrtle, are friendly and wonderful people! The rooms are very clean, comfortable, pleasant and very quiet, beds are very very comfortable and are great for a good night's sleep. Location is perfect, right on water. Nice to watch the sunset. On one of our stays here, we met a couple that had ridden from inland on their motorcycle for the weekend to watch the sunset and enjoy the town. Michael directed us to one of the best restaurants we have ever been to -- OHolleran's which is just across the street.
We'll stay there again on our trips northward.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided at the last minute to stay here instead of another place in Oregon during the Labor Day weekend. The proprietor was very pleasant and helpful. Our room was adequate for a one night stay. The bed wasn't too comfortable and the walls are very thin. However, the view of the ocean from our room was nice. This would be a nice rest stop for those visiting the Oregon Coast.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Spindrift Motor Inn? Share your experiences!