“brookings adventure” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 hotels in Brookings
Bend, Oregon
“brookings adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Have been coming to brookings every year and this year we stayed at the spindrift motor inn.The hotel staff was extremely friendly and offered every convenience we needed. I had a dead battery when we woke to leave on our day trip and the hotel managers gave us a set of cables and we were able to get on our way in no time. Mike and Myrtle were just super. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. What more could we ask for?

Room Tip: Any room is good and there is an excellent restaurant across the street.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We were really happy with our room at the Spindrift. We were tired from traveling and were able to drive right up to the door of our room. It was very clean and spacious with plenty of room for our 2-year old to tool around. We had a microwave and a good-sized fridge--which isn't usually standard and made for a fresh breakfast of leftover Zola's pizza! Managers Michael and Myrtle are so friendly and hospitable! We called the desk directly and got a better rate than online and were able to choose if we wanted upstairs or down. Will definitely stay here again...

• Stayed June 2013
Medford, Oregon, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

After reading the reviews for this motel, I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt. It seemed that the reviews were either really bad, or really good. I am not too picky of a person, as long as the room is clean and comfortable. I was assuming the bad reviews were mostly due to the motel being older, and again, as long as it would be clean and comfortable, I didn't mind.
The first thing I noticed was that the room smelled really bad. We tried to open the window to air out the room, but it is screwed shut. Instead, we left the door open, hoping the smell would dissipate. I couldn't quite place what the smell was until I noticed a cigarette burn in the armchair and cigarette stains on the edge of the bathtub. I realized it was likely from previously being a smoking room and that it had been permeated with the smell over time. I also noticed there was a scent of dog - I am allergic to them. We went to the local Fred Meyer, where I purchased Febreeze, but though I sprayed it multiple times, the smell comes back.
I woke up this morning with a horrible neck ache, headache, and sore throat. The bed was not very comfortable at all - the label on the box spring was very old-fashioned and aged and the mattress was matching. I could feel the springs in the mattress and it's a good thing I brought my own pillow...I'm considering asking for a room change, but I'm not sure the management will be understanding about it.
The manager, Michael, was nice, but I did feel like I was getting a "talking to" about all of the rules. He was a bit overly direct and it made me feel like he thought everyone whom came here was going to cause problems (I am not one who even appears a troublemaker - I dress nicely and take care of myself). I was surprised at how much he went on about how the bed wouldn't be made if, as he literally stated, "Even if a sock is left on the bed." Again, he was generally nice, but I felt a bit odd afterward.
I don't think I would stay here again; I just don't think I could handle the uncomfortable bed and room smell. I don't think I would tell people not to come here, but I would definitely let them know not to expect quality. In the future, I think I'd be willing to pay a bit more at a different motel, hotel, or inn.
An additional oddity: I paid cash for the room for two nights, which was about $154, but the receipt he gave me said $77 - why would that be?

Room Tip: We were in room 238 (I don't think the smell in this room will go away until it's completely...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Selma, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The service is truely outstanding !. I had the pleasure of finding this little Gem. The customer relations are truely Outstanding.. The managment is top notch..I liked when they told me to check out my room and if ANYTHING was out of sorts to let them know right away.. The room was perfect, spotless... The managers take pride in this property !.. I would stay again..

Room Tip: Asjk for the room with Ocean view..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Klamath Falls, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Modern rooms, tile entrance, comfortable beds, manager strives for your complete satisfaction for your stay. On the back side, we had an ocean view and was very quiet. They will bend over backwards to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The management also screens people as to place them where they will feel comfortable also.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Central Point, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My new husband and I took a last minute trip out to Brookings last weekend and because I did not like the reviews I was seeing for places to stay out there, we figured if we didn't find anything we liked we would just head back home late that night. On our way back into town we saw this place and thought we'd at least check it out since the property looked nicely maintained and if we didn't like it there were of course others up the road to check out. When we went in and were met by Michael I was very impressed. Very nice man who really seems to take pride in his property. When we got to our room, we were even more impressed. Very clean...no stains, no rust, no missing paint, no cobwebs or bugs, BEAUTIFUL view! :-) I am very glad we decided to check it out. All I can say is never base your opinions on someone else's reviews. Check it out for yourself....you might be surprised. :-) We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

on a recent trip to brookings I stayed at the sprindrift, and wow was greeted welcomely from the managers michael and myrtle who was very outgoing on what your needs were , I also had a great view of the ocean and I will stay there again !! I have stayed at other motels in brookings before and none of the other places to stay in town cant even come close to how comfortable they make you feel at the spindrift, none of the others have the view either,,, I would highly recommend the spindrift to all travelers coming to brookings

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Spindrift Motor Inn? Share your experiences!