“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Central Point, Oregon, United States
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My new husband and I took a last minute trip out to Brookings last weekend and because I did not like the reviews I was seeing for places to stay out there, we figured if we didn't find anything we liked we would just head back home late that night. On our way back into town we saw this place and thought we'd at least check it out since the property looked nicely maintained and if we didn't like it there were of course others up the road to check out. When we went in and were met by Michael I was very impressed. Very nice man who really seems to take pride in his property. When we got to our room, we were even more impressed. Very clean...no stains, no rust, no missing paint, no cobwebs or bugs, BEAUTIFUL view! :-) I am very glad we decided to check it out. All I can say is never base your opinions on someone else's reviews. Check it out for yourself....you might be surprised. :-) We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

on a recent trip to brookings I stayed at the sprindrift, and wow was greeted welcomely from the managers michael and myrtle who was very outgoing on what your needs were , I also had a great view of the ocean and I will stay there again !! I have stayed at other motels in brookings before and none of the other places to stay in town cant even come close to how comfortable they make you feel at the spindrift, none of the others have the view either,,, I would highly recommend the spindrift to all travelers coming to brookings

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

This place was amazing! Michael and myrtle were two of the most genuine ppl ive met -fun to talk to but not over-talkative. Room was very clean and bed super comfortable. Location was perfect, only about 1/4 mile from beaches and state parks with really nice walking trails all around. Also very close to quaint downtown and nice restaurants- no need to use the car once you've arrived! 10+/10.

• Stayed May 2013
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have never been greeted so warmly by a manager before. Clean, comfortable rooms with all the amenities you would expect and a lovely view.

The wifi works great and the parking lot is secure.

My husband and I will defiantly stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The place smelled funny. The ice machine is broken. The first morning a man tried to get into my room while I held the dead bolt three times before he said he was management and wanted to service the room, even though the curtians were closed too. There was not a do not disturb sign in the room. Had to leave eary and Myrtle, manager said she would credit us one night back and has not as of yet and the stay was almost three weeks ago. Put in a notice to my credit card for the wrongful charge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manteca, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We enjoyed our time at Spindrift. The management was very nice and gave us the room with the best view of the ocean where we got to see the sunset and deer grazing across the parking lot. The rooms were very clean and updated. We are going back to Oregon in a couple of days for business and have made reservations to stay there again, in the same room. Very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Room 245 has a lovely view