“Relaxing First Anniversary Retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Country Retreat Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brookings
A Country Retreat Bed and Breakfast
16980 Coho DR, PO Box 2687, Brookings, OR 97415   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Brookings B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Washington
“Relaxing First Anniversary Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My husband and I went on an early one year anniversary and Father's Day retreat. I had never been to Brookings, Oregon or past Coos Bay Oregon for that matter. After spending a sleepless night in a motel from an aching leg and back we arrived and were treated like royalty with fresh ice water and ice tea and a wonderful Bumble Bee Lemon Cheese Cake dessert. The following day we had delicious peach cobbler and ice cream that was still warm when she served it to us on the deck. We were so happy our room was so spacious and our own private deck and bath and beautiful grounds.

Evelyn recommended a couple of restaurants and we chose The Alley and it was not only delicious, romantic and the service and people were so friendly.

Our breakfasts were delightful and served with the finest foods she prepared and table setting and fresh flowers....mmmmmmm we are so spoiled.

We highly recommend this B&B and plan to go back on another special occasion. Might I add the fresh breeze at night is delightful and the bed and pillows so comfy. And Don tried to teach me the game of pool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Central Point, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We spend two delightful nights in the Panda Room and enjoyed the peaceful and excellent service and food. Each morning's breakfast was gormet faire served with just the right amount of attention. And oh, so much food to choose from and your particular dietiary needs are considered as well. Evelyn wants to make sure all of your desires are presented with special touches. The room was clean and well appointed with items from the owner's travels and the living room is cozy and available for guest use.

Room Tip: We asked for the Panda Room and it has a nice private bath with a large shower. It is also has a le...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Citrus Heights
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Spent 4 nights and it was like living as royalty. Evelyn is the hostess extrordinary! She waits on you and caters to your every need. She made me feel as I was home. We wanted to take her home with us. The breakfasts? WOW! The best food ever! Bran muffins and Peach Cobbler to die for in the evening. Room was great and bed very comfortable. Don't know when, but I will be back!

Room Tip: Our stay was in the Aztec Room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Turner, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We had a very nice relaxing trip! Evelyn is very sweet and provided excellent service for us. We had wonderful country style breakfasts every morning, yummy afternoon snacks such as warm Bran muffin which was to die for and homemade peach cobbler with ice cream. The bed was very comfortable and the house had a warm and welcoming feel to it. We have not been to a bed and breakfast in the U.S. before but have over in Europe. We would definitely do this again! Thanks Evelyn!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Klamath Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We enjoyed our first stay so much we decided to come back for our 40th Anniversay weekend. As before the breakfasts and afternoon snacks were delicious and abundant. Evelyn treated us like Royalty with special touches/gifts for our weekend. She even checked out local restaurants for our celebration dinner. Our French Room was spacious and comfortable and we enjoyed our private sauna. We hope to return in the future. It is the perfect get a way to just unwind and relax.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Rogue River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

As a middle-aged woman, I sought the sunny, warmer temps forecast for Brookings and booked a three night stay at this B&B. I miscalculated the time I expected to arrive and had to call ahead 3-4 times to ask the hostess to keep pushing the time further out, but she was very easy going and welcomed me with a friendly smile when I finally arrived, nonetheless. The warm red colors in the French Room where I stayed, took my imagination and me to Paris! A lovely room! And the bed was perfect! I detest soft beds. That bed was so comfortable that I actually looked forward to sleeping in that bed every night. I have stayed at quite a few B&B's and always enjoy the conversation around the table at breakfast. Evelyn is very knowledgable and open-minded and I enjoyed every conversation I had with her.
Did I say how yummy the food was? A great variety of wholesome foods were prepared whenever I wished. Thats the way to spend your birthday! I just love having breakfast prepared for me on my special day.
Evelyn is very good at what she does and pays attention to little details, so I was pampered in every way and she made my birthday feel so special. Nobody has been able to do that for years. Her kindness is so refreshing, so uplifting.
You will love staying here and plan on returning, as I will.

Room Tip: The French room has a superb bed.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I'm new to tripadvisor, but joined because I had to share our great experience. My husband and I stayed here on our trip up the coast. As recommended we stayed in the Aztec room, which was cozy and retro (not sure what went wrong for the folks in the review below, but we didn't experience the same issues; toilet flushed on first try, bathtub drained, and the room was temperate). The breakfast was substantial; our only complaint was that we couldn't finish. The hostess was knowledgable about the local region and prepared a sack lunch for our hike on the pacific coastal trail.

Reccommended for a peaceful and secluded environment.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
charley28_10, Owner at A Country Retreat Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
We are very pleased you enjoyed your hiking trip and your stay with us. We hope you will join us again next year for another stay in the country. Your Host: Evelyn

Been to A Country Retreat Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!