“We had a good time and hope to visit again” 4 of 5 stars

You added McKenzie River Mountain Resort to your Saves list
McKenzie River Mountain Resort
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   51668 Blue River Dr, Blue River, OR 97413   |
Austin,Tx.
“We had a good time and hope to visit again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Myself and two buddies stayed here a couple of nights mid-August during a mountain bike tour we put together. Cris put us in a 3 bedroom cabin that was perfect for us. The kitchen was equiped pretty sparten, but we had what we needed to whip up a dinner for both nights. Our beds were comfy, the cabin had a washer / dryer and Cris shuttled us to the MRT. A liquor store was within a short bike ride. I plan to stay here again and hope we have another great adventure!
Thanks Cris!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Chris from Mckenzie River Mountain Resort was a huge help to me and made my trip to the MRT trail. He went above and beyond to locate a fantastic santa cruz high ball for me to rent and use for my solo ride of the MRT trail. With out him, this trip would have not happened. I was coming from the Bay Area, no way to get my bike there, for a 1 day trip of the MRT and flying back the next day. No bike, no trail for me. He also was very knowledgable of the trail it self and shuttled me to the exact starting point, not easy to find if your not aware of the location. I can't wait to come back for a longer visit!

McKenzie River Area Shuttle:
McKenzie River Mountain Resort

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

We decided last minute to ride the 26 Mile Mckenzie River Trail and called the McKenzie River Mountain Resort for some advice and room rates. They arranged a shuttle for us and got us into one of their cabins. It was much appreciated to have a great shower following the long ride. The staff was very helpful and even gave us tips on a few local fishing holes. Gonna stay here every time we ride McKenzie.

• Stayed July 2013
Phillip C, Manager at McKenzie River Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
I'm glad you guys came down and I look forward to the next visit. Have a great weekend!
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Let me start by saying that the second we arrived we experienced genuine hospitality. Id previously called and spoke with a man named Phillip with questions about the resort. He was very helpful, patient, and kind over the phone. When we arrived he greeted us at the front desk. He was full of warmth and information about all and everything to do in this peaceful town. Our cabin was clean, and seriously so cozy. It was like staying in a beautiful house with amazing surroundings. We stayed in cabin number 2. It was a perfect blend of modern and rustic, so quiet you could hear the river in the near distance. The rooms were spacious, and I especially loved the his and her sinks in the bathroom. Accentuated by a large tub, full stocked applianced kitchen and coffee for you in the morning. :) loved!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Phillip C, Manager at McKenzie River Mountain Resort, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
It was a great pleasure having you! If you find yourself coming back this way give me a call. Have a great week!
Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here in their cabin. It was a nice place. There was a lot of hiking nearby. Loved the reservoir and the river. It is quiet and quaint. If you suffer from back pain, I would recommend sleeping in the bunk beds as the queen bed was too soft for my husband. The couch was also very soft. But that aside, we were happy to stay there and enjoyed it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I rented a cabin at the McKenzie River mountain Resort in September 2012 for a family get together for the weekend. It was the worst accomodations I have ever experienced! The back yard was nothing but a huge pile of dirt left over from a construction job on the cabin. Dust filtering inside the cabin and just a big dust pile!! The cabin was dirty!! Everything was dirty! Kitchen drawers had mouse droppings inside; the pots and pans were dirty and we didn't even want to cook in them. We went to the store to buy paper towels and plastic cups etc. because we didn't want to drink out of the glasses and cups they had in the cabinets. I was told the kitchen was stocked with towels, etc. I expected to have at least a roll of paper towels but they do not provide anything!! The bath tub had a ring around the tub; living room floor was dirty. They provided one small kitchen towel so I had to call for more and and they did bring two more over however 3 very small kitchen towels was a joke. The hinges on the cabinet door where the bath linens were stored was just hanging there by one tiny screw and the entire door fell off when the cabinet door was opened ..... and I could go on and on and on... It appeared that the entire cabin needed a deep cleaning scrub!!! I understand that the cabin is old and none of us had a problem with that. It was just the dirt and the mouse droppings in the drawers that creeped us all out! it was very obvious that the person doing the cleaning never looked inside the kitchen cabinets, oven, drawers etc. or they would have seen the mouse turds! Anyway.. my advise... don't waste your money!! It was the worst and still gives me the creeps just thinking about it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dover, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Very clean, comfortable, and well-furnished cottages and bunkrooms. Our group stayed in cottage #3 and also used two of the smaller bunkrooms. The website gave me the impression of an older, more rustic fishing cottage. So, we expected and would have been happy with older furnishings but this place has newer furniture and very good mattresses - even in the bunkrooms. Everything was very clean and our hosts were friendly and helpful. The location is also great. We expected the cabins to be right on the highway but they're on a side road that comes into the village of Blue River, away from the highway. It's a short walk to a small market and to the newly opened Reservoir Dawgs (for '[--]' omelets) and about 15mins to Cougar Hot Springs. They rent mountain bikes on site and provide shuttle service for the McKenzie River Trail. This is a much better choice than staying in Sisters or Bend if you want to avoid a long drive back and forth to mountain trails. And if you see a bunch of guys playing music in front of an abandoned gas station in town, stop and have a listen. They're very good and very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to McKenzie River Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!