“vacation” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Bend
BELLINGHAM
“vacation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This place really needs a lot of work. The bathroom fan did not work, the carpet was dirty. The walls were falling apart. The beds were hard. The doors slammed shut and were always waking us up. You could hear people talking in their rooms. The swim pool needs to be redone. ON, and on,on, on,on,on,on,on,on,on,on,noon,on,on.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
springfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am a quick trip to bend and had know idea that there was a big festival going on. We found a hotel at the last minute and my 15 yr. old daughter got kidney stones. We checked into the room for 125.00 a night and set our stuff down and went to the hospital. We came back an hour later and had to check out to come home. We never even used the bathroom in the room. I was told by the front end staff that they will rent the room out after we leave and to give the boss a call and we could get a refund. Even a partial refund would of been great, might i add I never asked for the refund the front desk staff just told me I could call the boss when she came back from vacation and we'd get our money back. To make a long story short the manager finally got back to me 2 weeks or so later and offered me a 25% coupon the next time we come to Bend....No thank you. I forgot to add that as we were grabbing our stuff my husband looked on the side of the bed by the table in the middle of both our beds and there was the biggest dirties nasties spill stain all the way down the inttire mattress and box spring. So gross. You cant tell me that the housekeeping doesnt see that every time they make the bed?? of course they do. Its accully a spill dryed up cuz noone ever even tried to clean it at all. So glad we never stayed there would of probably got bugs or something. Its poor management and it needs some serious help..

Room Tip: There probably is not good rooms..
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hutchinson, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I found my stay to be totally opposite of the previous reviews. I will agree that the breakfast is basic though. Two cold cereals, packaged oatmeal, waffles, white bread for toast, muffins, coffee, milk, apple & orange juice. Seating for twelve with the overflow to a conference room about 20 feet away. Our room was clean, mattress firm, but pillows left a lot to be desired (Very flat). Hotel did not look dated at all. Area was well lighted and seemed to be very safe. Hotel had pool and hot tub. Staff was very friendly and even called after we were settled in to make sure everything was to our sastisfaction. The parking lot was full and hotel was quiet patrons were quiet. Our discounted price was $66.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I spend 100+ nights per year in motel/hotel rooms. Super 8's used to offer friendly, clean and affordable accommodations but no more. Based on this and a previouse Super 8 experience I will no longer consider the brand for lodging.

Very little positives:
Everything worked in the room. Ample hot water.
Property and room felt safe.
Indoor pool is okay.
Free breakfast basic, not great.

Areas that completely fell short:
At a discounted rate of $80 plus tax, is expensive for any Super 8 property.
Checkin took way too long and front desk staff not friendly. Staff inundated with complaints with bad attitude responses.
Motel interiors, rooms, funishings, etc all dated, worn, dingy and smelled. Very old tube TV's; rooms look institutional/dorm like.
Bed was hard; bedding and pillows cheap and rough.
At checkout was never asked how my stay was, no thank you, no goodbye, no get the hell out of here, nothing...

Based on no responses to Trip Advisor reviews, staff bad attitudes and low standards; the management/ownership is completely unprofessional and don't care...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Fulton, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

But not in a good way. It was the dirtiest motel I've even been in and stank of smoke. And they rairsed the price by half or more for the events that weekend. I advise sleeping in your car if the super 8 is your only option in Bend.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel!
Escanaba, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I found it fairly clean, reasonably quiet, and adequately comfortable, but would not recommend it to anyone else as Bend offers many more choices. Maintenance at this property was very substandard - wallpaper was peeling and poorly patched, the bath/shower was clean but the button to switch between bath & shower was impossible to pull without pliers (I had to use tweezers!), and the parking area was overcrowded & inadequate - we had to park on the side street. Also, there were people hanging around the outside corridors all hours of the night. Didn't bother us, but it would some.

Mountain Home, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. When I called down and told them the room was dirty (AC so clogged with dirt it would not work properly, hair and stains on the bedding, mold in the bath room, what appeared to be snot rubbed on the walls by the bed, to name some of the issues) the desk person actually hung up on me. After calling down again and asking for a different room and being told they were fully booked they sent two different cleaning people up to the room and it was still not clean. I will never stay at any Super 8 again and would not let my dogs stay at this one. Room 225.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Bend? Share your experiences!