“Very Nice Room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Bend
Smithfield, VA
“Very Nice Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I stayed at Mt. Bachelor Village while in Bend on business. It is convenient to most of Bend. On the other hand, Bend is not that big, but it certainly worked for me. I found the staff to be very helpful and courteous. They gave me a map showing where the room was. The room itself was clean and well appointed. The closet is large enough for quite a bit of clothing. The place is quiet, to say the least. Well, save for the heating unit which does cast a bit of a roar ... which will help put some people to sleep ... not me. The bathing area is fairly roomy with no sign of mold or soap scum. I only recall two problems. The light bulb closest to the shower went off on occasion by itself, them back on later ... when it cooled, I suppose. And the blinds did not go all the way down, but there are ample decorative pillows to fix that little problem. I failed to report either to the staff. I departed prior to staff arrival on my last morning. The staff printed out an invoice for me the evening before, charged my card, and emailed me a corrected invoice the next day. I'd stay there again. BTW, I find the breakfast at Sargent's Café to be very good. Check it out. It's just a few miles from the Village.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Orinda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 or 6 days in a one bedroom river ridge condo. It was simply perfect. The view of the river was beautiful. Condo was spacious with a decent size kitchen. Large lovely living room. Deck with private hot tub and a perfect BBQ on the deck. Well located near grocery stores, restaurants, and coffee shops. Movie theatre was just 5 or 10 minutes away. Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort is a quick 20 minute drive up the hill. We had a ski package through the resort which brought the price of lift tickets down and was very convenient. Only slight complaint, very slight,was that the bathroom needed a bit of an upgrade. But this was exceeding minor given the rest of the benefits of the condo. Covered parking attached to the condo and an area in the condo for ski equipment. We would most definitely stay here again. A great resort. Staff was excellent at check as well as service.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
North Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stay at MBV a cople of times per year. We love the river walk, morming and evening, as well as the proximity to everything - the mountain, XC ski trails, the Old Mill district (walkable from the River Trail), and Cascade Lakes Brew Pub. With a bike (they loan them out) you can bike downtown too. Just a great location!

Room Tip: All privately owned condos, so it depends on size of your group. All condos are different I believe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I needed a getaway/staycation to celebrate my anniversary. I explored far and wide in town and out of town and was extremely pleased with my choice at Mount Bachelor Village. The resort is still in the town of Bend but feels like you are in remote setting. The signage to check-in was well lit and easy to find, the guest service agent was pleasant and asked how else they could help with my stay. They recommended a few personal favorite spots for dining and explained the layout of the property. The resort sits on a high ridge over looking the Deschutes River with flowing rapids and walkable river trail from the resort. We headed down the river trail and did the 3 mile loop after settling into the condo, nature in your backyard was a great perk. The accommodations were clean and stocked with necessities, like a wine opener and coffee in for the morning. My favorite part of the condo was the Jacuzzi tub overlooking the river. Overall I was very impressed with everything Mount Bachelor had to offer. The website did a great job of describing the services and amenities. I recommend the resort for families, couples and anytime of the year.

Room Tip: On the river with a hot tub - great views and allows you take full advantage of the beautiful resort...
Eugene, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

As I read all of the positive reviews, I have to wonder if this is the same resort we stayed in. Our room was basically a small hotel room with a view of trees and a parking lot. Totally different than the areas mentioned on previous reviews.

First of all, I rarely complain about a hotel stay. I enjoy having a break from home and am grateful when we have the rare opportunity. That being said, I feel an unacceptable experience should be publicly addressed.

The only positive aspect of our stay was that it was quiet. I guess that is why I bumped up the rating from "terrible" to "poor".

Our room was very small. If you are looking for space, you will not find it here. The first thing I noticed was how dusty the room was. There was even a film of dust on each of the TV remotes. The towels and the bedspread had a very musty smell to them. One of the most disturbing aspect of our stay was what we found within the sheets. There were particles that are hard to describe--like the balls of fabric that form on very old sheets. When I took the sheet off the bed, the creepy particles fell off in a pile. The manager looked at the sheets and insisted this was simply dryer lint. Well, I have never had chunks of dryer lint within my sheets before. I am not sure what this was, but it did not have the consistency of "lint". It appeared to me that the sheets had not been washed in awhile.

Another disturbing experience--when I removed the sheets, I found within the folds of the mattress top what appeared to be brownish-red flakes (similar to what red-pepper flakes look like). No clue as to what they may have been, but hopefully were nothing serious.

The manager looked at the sheets and initially said she would make this right by sending us a certificate for a free night stay in one of the suites. I thought that was very kind and I was grateful; however, the offer was withdrawn by the manager due to the type of certificate we used for our stay (we paid for it through a charity auction). I am still unclear as to how what difference that would make.

In closing, I am sure there are many rooms within the resort that are opposite of what we stayed in (as evidenced by the excellent reviews). My advice is to avoid River Ridge 425 B.

Room Tip: Avoid River Ridge room number 425 B.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is the 2nd time my husband and I have stayed in this resort and we had no doubt as to why we came back when we arrived. The setting is so stunning with unbelievable views over the Deschutes river and surrounding woods. You really feel like you're in the middle of the forest even though you're just outside town. The walking and mountain bike trails are easily accessible right from the resort. We had a chilly day on Mt Bachelor and loved coming back to sit in the hot tub and look at the view. Our suite was spacious with a big comfortable bed and nice big bathroom. It was great to have a kitchen, although we didn't use it much because there are so many great places to eat in Bend, but it was still nice to have when we wanted to fix a snack or make some coffee, and we could have easily cooked a full meal if we wanted. It was clean and comfortable and we'll definitely come back again.

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

First time I've stayed here was because a friend had a nice timeshare here which had two master rooms, full kitchen and the whole works. After that first trip, I just had to go back. Yes, staying for free anywhere is great, but I made it a point to come down here three times a year to enjoy skiing in winter, river in the summer, and relaxing during the other times.... Highly recommend this place...Nothing beats the view from the balcony while sitting in the hot tub waiting for the BBQ to heat up...

Room Tip: Grab the room with the river view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mount Bachelor Village Resort? Share your experiences!