“Great place to stay while visiting Bend” 4 of 5 stars

Mount Bachelor Village Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   19717 Mount Bachelor Drive, Bend, OR 97702   |
Ranked #11 of 42 hotels in Bend
Washington state
“Great place to stay while visiting Bend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed two nights in September while visiting Bend. The room was pretty spacious but didn't have much in the way of furniture. Had one desk chair and built-in desk attached to the wall. Had a corner window seat which was big enough for two adults or three children, but not very comfortable for sitting for long periods. Only other place to sit was on the bed. The bed was pretty comfortable. Flat screen TV was small (about 17-19 inches), but had lots of cable channels. Remote did not have button or menu to turn on closed captioning for the hearing impaired, but after playing around with the buttons on the side of the TV we were able to turn them, only to have them running in the middle of the screen rather than at the bottom. Grounds were very nicely maintained and the pool looked nice, but we didn't use it. The place was very quiet and we never heard noise from any of the other units, which made us feel like we had the place to ourselves. Check in and check out were very simple and quick. No problem with parking very close to our room. The numbering system of the building was confusing, so had a difficult time find our room in the dark when we checked in. Very close to our favorite breakfast restaurant, the Original Pancake House, and the Deschutes River Trail and Riverbend Park.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

90 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Palo Alto, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I booked a room for a family trip on a Thursday at 5pm for a Saturday night stay and expected a confirmation email. The email did not arrive and I called the hotel at 9pm to follow-up

Brian ("with an 'i'" as he said) took my reservation at 5pm but by 9pm had changed his story and said the reservation was actually for the prior day. The room that was available was no longer there. I asked Brian to provide the room he had charged me for earlier but he would not saying "it wasn't available" and that "he was sorry but he couldn't do anything"

Bottom line - don't stay in this hotel. They don't place a high value on customer service and treat prospective guests very poorly.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Paul B, Front Office Manager at Mount Bachelor Village Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Hello Dave,

I apologize for the reservation mistake that we made and the poor service you received in your subsequent interaction with us. Our goal is that each and every guest of ours has a memorable and positive experience whether its calling in for a reservation or staying at our resort. Obviously we fell short in deliverving our goal of top notch service to you. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you on Saturday evening and trust that you had a memorable time. Please feel free to call me at the resort if you have any questions or further concerns.

Best Regards,

Paul
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights as part of a tactical shooting event with accommodations arranged by the sponsor of the event. I really liked the layout of my room with a king-sized bed and bay windows with nice seats. A few other people complained that they were woken up early by housekeeping despite posting "Do not disturb" signs outside their door but I had no issue myself. I would certainly look forward to staying here again and preferably for a longer period of time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Eugene OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend to attend a wedding nearby. We had a wonderful room with a very clever floor plan that made use of every inch of space. There was a delightful window seat in the corner, a very comfortable queen bed, and a small fridge. We also had a coffee maker and a flat-screen TV. It would have been nice to have had a small microwave, but that was the only thing that we could have asked for. The resort itself is very nice. We loved the pool and the hot tub (nether were crowded on a perfect, sunny weekend in July). They had complimentary bikes to use which my husband took advantage of. There is no restaurant on site, but Scanlon's is walking distance from the resort.

I would recommend this resort to anyone with plans to stay in Bend. It is reasonable, comfortable, sparkling clean, and within walking distance of the river. Really delightful!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sammamish, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very comfortable room at Mt Bachelor Resort.
Lots to do including tennis, bike riding (equipment available), and club pass. The pool was lots of fun. Wanted to stay longer.

Room Tip: Not sure if rental rooms are available on the "river" side. If they are, they would have...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Edmonds, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked a 1 night stay at this property so my daughter could compete in Junior Olympic Championships. First one of the 2 keys they provided did not fit the door so my daughter was locked out. There were cobwebs in the corners, bedspread was stained and we had to call maintenance 5 minutes after arrival because the toilet did not flush. There was mold along the length of the glass shower door. How I wish we had just stayed at our trusted chain instead of chosing what we thought would be a fun change of pace. Never again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Came here for a state conference. The room was great, clean and well stocked. Had a room that overlooked the Deschutes River. Just wish the temperature had been warmer at night because I would have loved to sleep with the door open to enjoy the fresh year. What I like is this place seems away from the city, but yet once you drive down the way you are close to downtown and the old mill district. You truly are not very far from anything. Loved the walking trail down to the river.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and go to the level above the executive room. Choose a room on the river side.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mount Bachelor Village Resort? Share your experiences!