We reserved a guest room with a king bed. We arrived at approximately 1PM and the peevish front office staff forced us to wait until 4PM before we could occupy the room "our policy is the rooms are not available before 4" she said (we suggested that perhaps not all rooms were available, but very likely at least one was ready-especially with a strictly enforced 11PM check out) . The room was atrocious. Furnishings consisted of a bed, two mismatched night stands, a tiny desk with a dirty chair, a very old, worn maroon swivel rocker and a particle board armoire. There was no table with chairs. No place for a couple to sit and relax. No note pad, no pens, no drinking glasses. Astoundingly, there was not even a mini refrigerator! All our food spoiled. We suspect the purpose of no refrigerator and no table is to discourage food in the rooms--better to promote the onsite, over-priced restaurants. The shower was old preformed plastic with exposed plumbing; The walls were so thin we could hear the conversations and the television from the room next door (there was a locked adjoining door between the rooms). When we called to complain about the walls and the noise, the desk clerk was rude and unhelpful. Same for the desk clerk the next day when we asked to change rooms "the other rooms are already taken by the people checking in today" (we suggested her comments were nonsensical since it was 9AM and the resort strictly enforces a 4PM check in) . This resort guest room was less comfortable than the cheapest interstate motel.
The location is quite a distance from Bend, which we learned when we had to drive back into town. The tennis courts are completely useless, each of the four bisected by large, gaping unsealed cracks. We scratched our heads over the persistent puddle of water occupying one side. There is a basic swimming pool, and a functional fitness room. Unmarked dusty trails can be accessed behind the resort , but we were worried about getting lost in the desert heat. There are many other choices for rooms in the Bend area, and I can honestly see no reason to book a room here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Central Oregon, Seventh Mountain Resort is a year-round paradise encircled by peaks, lakes and meadows. Offering a special brand of hospitality shrouded in natural splendor, the resort provides the perfect destination for families, groups and adventure seekers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelClick, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Seventh Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seventh Mountain Hotel Bend
- Hotel Of The Seventh Mountain
- Of The Seventh Mountain Hotel
- Inn Of The Seventh Mountain